• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rudy has to go to the vet

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:11 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

my dog has this very infected eye. it's so swollen and red. i took him to the vet about a month ago and got pills and drops but it only got worse. somedays it almost covers his whole eye. i'm taking him to another vet today and there's a possibility that the thing will have to be removed. i feel bad for him. it looks painful but it doesn't seem to bother him too much. my dh is giving me a hard time about taking him to the vet and tells me if he needs surgery, he wants to just get rid of him. that's terrible. he is so stingy w/ money and i can't believe he said to just get rid of him. if your kid needed surgery you wouldnt just get rid of them. we just got our income tax so we are able to pay for whatever he needs but he's being a jerk. i'm not getting rid of my dog!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KyliesMom5
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:26 AM

when you take him to the vet ask if they have a tool to check the pressures in his eye.  Yeah i'd be pissed if my hubby even suggested something like that.  He knows that when an animals enters our home it is for the lifetime of that animal.    Good luck and i hope all goes well. 

misskimmy62
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Husbands can be such asses - luckily, like you, our furry friends always managed to need something major only at tax refund time...except once, we had a horse, Bob, who my husband actually talked me into rescuing. Well, I had Bob back to a good weight, but then his leg went really bad - husband wanted to get 200 from the slaughterhouse for him... which means he would have to go there alive!!! That did NOT happen and although we do not talk about it anymore (this happened in 2003) I will ALWAYS remember it. I think that is as close as I ever came to hating dh....

misskimmy62
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:53 AM

PS: Best Wishes Rudy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)