Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a friend, or two or three!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

So, I'm realizing that I need a friend. Everyone that I knew in Erie has moved away or we've lost touch since I'm a mom now, and they're well, not the kid friendly type!

I've had a rough pregnancy and I hardly have anyone to talk to about it, not to mention -- what made me realize this - since I dont know anyone here, and have no friends/family nearby, I have to do everything alone - just carried my futon down the stairs alone.. and I'm 8 months pregnant. I get so lonely out here. The one friend I do know who lives in North East now and works in Erie, is being so standoffish lately, and being here with no transportation, now I don't even have a way to get to the grocery store or to do laundry n I've been having to hand wash everything!! (My washer broke!) Eeek!

Well, I'm on East 10th St and if anyone else is looking for a friend too, send me a message. I'm 24 and I have a 13 month old daughter, and am due sometime between 2/23 and 3/15.

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaCloie
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Wow hun! I hope that things slow down a bit before your little man shows up!!

I am still in MS, but I did want you to know that I totally get what you are feeling! Well not the single part, but most of it!

RAINandTYsMom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM

You have me! of course I am forever away in Edinboro. You are in my thoughts and prayers girl!

Wiifeytype1025
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Thank you and thank you! I feel better now that I'm getting out everyday to work but still, I get lonely here. And I really wish I had someone to help me out. Yeah its "rewarding" to do things by yourself, but dammit, I need a break! lol

Everyone on cafemom keeps saying "Well don't you have a friend that can help you out?" Well, no, I sure don't thanks for rubbing it in, signed, hormones. ;)

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

HALJUBOORI
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Hey you got me too.  I don't have transportation or much but I do live her in Erie. lol  I have two kids 8 and 6.  I live over by East 26th st a few blocks down from Wilson.  I hope things get better. 

Julz81
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM

I'm around in erie too.  I know what ya mean about everyone moving away, my bf is about to.. I really hope things get better for you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)