Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant and addicted

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:07 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 304 Total Views

Im 32 weeks pregnant and addicted to ultram. Ive been addicted for 2 years now. Ive tried this whole pregnancy to get off of them but i cant. Im so worried my baby is going to go through withdrawls or worse and i only have 7 weeks left! Im considering going to a dr or somewhere to get help but im worried if i tell them they will try to take my baby or something? Can they do this? Please help!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ladydi81065
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM

A friend of mine just went through the same thing and kept denying she was on anything because her baby was going through withdrawal. She finally did admit it. They didnt take her baby but did make sure that she was withsome at home to supervise her a family member until they could get her help. I myself had 4 yrs clean and because of pain I was having I was prescribed ultram because they say it is not a narcotic. I ended up relapsing. My suggestion is to get honest with your doctor and let him know you are concerned and he will send you to someone that can help you. It's better for him to send you somewhere so they can help you together instead of going anywhere. Good luck and if you ever need to chat you can message me anytim.

bballmom25
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM
How did u get off it after relapsing? Did they get srs involved? My obgyn knew i was taking it from the beginning, but i told him i was taking 3 a day when i was really taking 6-10. He never really seemed too concerned about it, but also stopped asking about it at about 10 weeks. I have an appt tomorrow and am going to tell him im still taking it and having a hard time getting off it. I actually have a therapy appt today, but am worried about telling them anything. I dont know what they have to report.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)