Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

I am attempting to be a recovered addict...but right now I just am one. I am only one day clean, but hope that I can be as clean as some of you ladies soon enough. I work in a pharmacy where it is quite easy to swipe an entire bottle of pills off the shelf without anyone evening notticing. In the last week I've stolen 3. Today I quit my job. I can't do this anymore. I don't want it, I don't need it. I tried this a month or so ago and I already caved 30 days later.  I need advice. Please tell me where you got help and how. I have a 9 month old baby boy who I want to see grow into a strong young who will have not known any of this. Please....I just need help or guidance.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mistylynne
by Member on May. 8, 2009 at 5:37 PM

IHello my name is Misty and I feel you, I would suggest you find a local meeting and you'll  find  that you are not alone. I want to wish you much luck and let you know that I will keep you in my prayers. I also do a lot of praying. I know a guy that is in recovery with 12 years clean and he is a pharmacist I hope I spelled that right, any way don't give up you can do this thing, I'll have 6 mths clean in 10 days this is not my first try at this recovery thing and I'm not about to give up yet  in fact I feel better today than I ever have. There is one thing I was told to remember and that is that we have to do it one day at a time. I think in my earliest recovery there were times when I had to take it one minute at a time and that's ok. Good luck girl and if you ever need to talk with someone message me.  Happy Mothers Day too!!!!

TheDaraJ
by on May. 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Thank you so much. I've called an addiction center and meet later this week. So far I am 4 days clean but now my biggest fear is the thought of the pharmacy finding out that I was stealing. I confessed to my boss that I was an addict and that was my reason for leaving, he asked if I stole and I lied and said no. What a mess I've gotten into. Hopefully being out of the pharmacy I'll be able to give this a better shot. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you had a Happy Mothers Day as well!

Quoting mistylynne:

IHello my name is Misty and I feel you, I would suggest you find a local meeting and you'll  find  that you are not alone. I want to wish you much luck and let you know that I will keep you in my prayers. I also do a lot of praying. I know a guy that is in recovery with 12 years clean and he is a pharmacist I hope I spelled that right, any way don't give up you can do this thing, I'll have 6 mths clean in 10 days this is not my first try at this recovery thing and I'm not about to give up yet  in fact I feel better today than I ever have. There is one thing I was told to remember and that is that we have to do it one day at a time. I think in my earliest recovery there were times when I had to take it one minute at a time and that's ok. Good luck girl and if you ever need to talk with someone message me.  Happy Mothers Day too!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)