Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

suboxon withdrawal (A whole new animal)

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:21 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 389 Total Views

I'm warning everyone here that soboxon is not the miracal drug it claims to be. I've been taking it for 5 months now. And of course I ran out four day's early. The first three days were not to terrible and I thought I could pull through, but by day 4 I was in full blown withdrawal and I knew it was only going to get worse. So I managed to get the money and go to my doc for the script(which by the way he charges $75 a pop ), this time I had him lower the does so I can wean myself off. We all know what withdrawal is like. Espicially if it's opiats which is my drug of choise, as many and whichever ones I can find. If anyone else has been through this and can offer advise not just for me but for everyone else who traded in one set of problem for a whole new set. That would be great. The withdrawal from sobox is bad in the way that it has a long onset. Once it hits, it hits hard I wanted to literally jump out of my skin. I didn't think I would have the money for the doc so I decided to go cold turkey from 8mg a day. Never a good idea. But I'm not really sure how to handle this. So any help or support would be helpful. For ex, what has helped you most with this crazy addiction.

Sincerly, Lauren

P.S. this crazy doc who's ust in it for the money wrote me a script for clonipin without me even asking, which of coarse I will take, considering it just sitting there calling my name. What an ass of a doc he is.

lauren shaffer

by on May. 24, 2009 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mmrpage
by New Member on May. 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Hi, My name is Misti and I am a recovering addict. Drug of choice opiates.  I personally have always disagreed with the whole suboxon idea.  Just like you said, it is trading one drug for another.  I went cold turkey in a detox program.  It was awful.. But it was nessecary to get where i am today.  I have been clean for almost 2 years.  What i have done about doctors that want to write you a prescriptions, even though they are aware of  your addiction, get mad and tell them you don't want it!  Every doctor i go to now will know that i am an addict.  Because i am a true addict i don't want to slip up and accept all those prescriptions they have tried to give me.  I feel that voice in the back of my head telling me to take it and get it filled.  I go to as many meetings as i can.  I go to aa and celebrate recovery.  I have made my recovery one of the main things in my life.  If you stay involved you are less likely to mess up.  So now everyday i get and thank my Lord Jesus Christ that I don't have to use today in order to be happy!!

sydjademom24
by on May. 25, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I have been on suboxone for about 10 months now. And my doctor charges $125 for the office visit and then I still have to pay for the script!! I want to get off of it really bad now. I feel like it's becoming another addiction. My hubby and I use to fight over the heroin when we were using and now we fight over the suboxone??? What sense does that make? He thinks that I should cut down to a half of one a day just because he did, but my habit was alot worse than his. But back to the point...I stopped for 3 days, I was schedualed to be induced for labor and I was afraid the epidural wouldn't work, so I stopped. By the end of the 3rd night I was miserable!!!!!! I want to quit them all together now...but I am so terrified of what quitting is going to be like. I have 2 kids and a husband and a house to upkeep, and that takes energy. If anyone has any hidden knowledge of how to make quitting easier, it would be appreciated!! lol. Quitting is never easy!!

Mom to Sydney~04.10.05 and Jade~02.18.09 Wife to Mike~10.13.03
lostmoma
by Group Owner on May. 26, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I MUST SAY I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS SUBOXON IS.. IT SEMS AS IF I AM SORTA OLDER THEN MOST IN THIS GROUP, FOR WHEN I STOPPED USING THEY GAVE US RECOVING DRUG ADDICTS  NOTHING... IT DOES SEEM WEIRD THAT THEY WOULD GIVE YOU GUYS ANOTHER DRU TO HELP OR GET YOU OF OF THE DRUG OF YOUR CHOICE.. I KNOW THAT EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN CLEAN EVERY DR I GO I TELL IF HE DONT ALREADY KNOW THAT I AM IN RECOVERY, EVEN THO IT HAS BEEN MANY YEARS NOW. AND ANY PILL THEY TRY TO GIVE ME I ASK THEM WHAT IT IS FOR WHY I  HAVE TO HAVE IT. AND IS IT A NARC, BECAUSE I AM A VERY ADICTTED PERSON AND CAN GET ADDICTED TO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.. WHEN MY FATHER PASSED I CRIED FOR WEEKS AND IT GOT TO THE PONT TO WHERE I COULD NOT EVEN FUNTION. MY HUSBAND TOOK ME TO MY DR. AND THEY BOTH CONVINCE ME TO TAKE  SOME VALUMS FOR A FEW DAYS. WELL WITH ME THAT WAS EVERYDAY FOR 2 MONTHS RATHER I NEEDED THEM OR NOT.. IF YOU GET MY DRIFT..I AM NO LONGER TAKING THEM, BUT FOR ME IT WAS JUST LIKE REPLACING MY DRUG OF CHOICE WITH THAT ONE... 

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
Kewlmom2three
by New Member on May. 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I should have gone cold turkey off the opiates, because it would have been a very painful nasty week but it would have been done. Now I have 2 months of "not as bad" haha withdrawals to go through when I have to stop. As with the meeting I haven't gone to any yet. I'm not really sure why. I'm not a shy person. I guess I'm just afr5aid of going by myself I'm the only one of my friends to try to become sobor, and I've never felt more depressed and alone in a long time. If you have any advise on going to meetings or whatever else I may need, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, Lauren

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)