Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

using my program

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:37 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 281 Total Views

I have to tell you ladies that I am very proud of myself.  Yesterday I was stressing over something then I realized, you how how important is it?  And I made a decision and felt much better.

Alanon had helped me so much.  I am so grateful to it for helping me.

Check out my group for Refom Jewish Moms http://www.cafemom.com/group/Reformmoms
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
beckylou26
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:00 AM

I am grateful too, once I started taking care of myself,my life has changed dramatically. Also, I no longer have all that anger that plaqued me everyday.

Danielle1304
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:03 AM

So, I have a question about AlAnon......does he know that you are going there?  If so, how does he take it?  I really believe my hubby would flip out.....I keep so much from him.  Like how embarrassing it is, that people that I know indirectly are coming to me saying things like "you know, if it ever gets too bad.....so and so's mom works at the women's shelter and can help you".Although i'm very grateful for friends like that, it's just embarrassing.....Y is it that when I look at my situation through my eyes, it's just another day....yet if someone treated my daughter that way, I wouldn't stand for it?  I'm a great mom, but a terrible role model.  I didn't mean to change the subject sometimes my fingers just start writing about him and they just won't stop.  I'm happy for you that you are able to find some support.  You sound like a strong lady.  Good luck!

beckylou26
by Member on Jun. 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM

My husband knows, I made it clear it is for me and if I didn't do it I would of left him.

PrincessRoo
by on Jun. 15, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Danielle:

my husband knows I go.  I started going about a year before he got sober..waddled in there with my pregnant belly.  He hated the fact that I went..he was so crazy.  I don't know what your hubby would do say but if you can go you should..................If the flipping out would be just yelling...................maybe go.  If it would get violent............I am not sure what to say........

I just want to tell you that although you feel embarrassed about people knowing...it is really a reflection of HIM not you.  I know that you cannot see that now.  BUt I do urge you to accept help and lean on people.  I HIDE it and was so desperate for help and just could not ask for it........I wish I had the support of people.......................

You are not a terrible role model.  You are doing the BEST you can with what information you have at this moment and in the situation you are in.......................and we are here to support you.

Quoting Danielle1304:

So, I have a question about AlAnon......does he know that you are going there?  If so, how does he take it?  I really believe my hubby would flip out.....I keep so much from him.  Like how embarrassing it is, that people that I know indirectly are coming to me saying things like "you know, if it ever gets too bad.....so and so's mom works at the women's shelter and can help you".Although i'm very grateful for friends like that, it's just embarrassing.....Y is it that when I look at my situation through my eyes, it's just another day....yet if someone treated my daughter that way, I wouldn't stand for it?  I'm a great mom, but a terrible role model.  I didn't mean to change the subject sometimes my fingers just start writing about him and they just won't stop.  I'm happy for you that you are able to find some support.  You sound like a strong lady.  Good luck!

Check out my group for Refom Jewish Moms http://www.cafemom.com/group/Reformmoms
Danielle1304
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Thanks, that really means alot!    thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)