• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NAS JAX

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 397 Total Views

Hey everyone,

We were told today that we have a strong possiblity of moving from Mayport to NAS JAX in like 2 months. We are wondering if anyone can give us advise on housing. There is a six month wait list for on base housing and we are looking around but just though some of you ladies might have thoughts or warnings. lol :)

A little about us.. I am 23 and my husband is 25 we have a 3 1/2 yr old and a 5mon old. We would greatly appreciate and help yall can give.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sailorswife0226
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM

We left Jax in Jan. of this year.   103rd street is not a safe place to live.  Nice apartments and off of collins.  There is also a nice neighbor off of collins but before Blanding that have really nice houses.  Hope this helps.  If you want to live in housing though, my advice is to stay where you are until one comes available.  it's worth the wait.  I heard off base housing out in Yellow Water is not so nice.  Hope this helps and goodluck.  I miss Jax and my house there.  Talk to Diane in housing.  She's a wonderful person to work with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)