Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kate Hudson Recalls Ryder’s Face Painting Fiasco

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

Eagle Press

A dedicated mother — who tells Madison magazine that nights out on the town are always cut short due to her 7 a.m. wake-up calls from her 5 ½-year-old son Ryder RussellKate Hudson’s parenting (and negotiating!) skills were recently put to the test.

Calling her son “such a smartypants,” the actress laughs that her mother Goldie Hawn’s predictions that her grandson would be nothing short of a future “director…in charge” have been proven correct!

“We went to this birthday party recently where all the children were getting their faces painted and everybody was saying, ‘I want to be Spiderman’ or ‘Batman’ and the girls were saying, ‘I want to be pretty,’” Kate says.

“And Ryder said, ‘I want a red face and I want white around the eyes, I want a white mouth, I want spikes, and I want yellow dots on each spike.’ And I said, ‘Honey, what is that?’ He replied, ‘My creation.’”

And when the face painter “didn’t do it exactly the way he wanted it,” Ryder was the first to notice!

Minding his manners, Ryder kept his disappointment to himself, but was quick to point it out later during a phone chat with dad Chris Robinson. “I said, ‘Tell Daddy about your face.’ And he told Chris, ‘She did it totally wrong,’” recalls Kate. When prompted further by his mystified mama, Ryder elaborated, “They’re not mountain peaks, they’re hills. They’re not peaks, they’re not sharp.”

While Kate reassured her son the work of art was top-notch, her comforting words didn’t quite do the trick! “I said, ‘Honey, but they look great,’” she insisted.

“And he said, ‘No mum, look — they’re hills.’ Oh yeah, he knows what he wants!”

Source: Madison

– Anya

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)