Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freddie Prinze Jr.: No Schoolyard Smooches For Charlotte

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

Claire Greenway/Getty

It was karma at its best when Freddie Prinze Jr. welcomed his first child — daughter Charlotte Grace, now 4 months — with wife Sarah Michelle!

Always one to chase the girls on the playground, Freddie recalls his antics left his own mother warning her son of future fatherhood.

“When I was in the second grade, there was this girl that I really liked and every day at recess we would play ‘boys chase girls,’” he reveals during a recent appearance on Live with Regis and Kelly.

“There was this girl — I liked her so much. I ran after her, caught her, went in for the smooch and she cheeked me — she turned the cheek so I didn’t get the kiss!” he laughs. However, not one to admit defeat, Freddie took matters in his own hands.

“I had these Sesame Street shoe laces. I took them out, tackled her and I tied her up and I smooched her right on the lips.”

After being sent home from school, Freddie’s mom forewent a punishment and, instead, dished out a bit of advice to her young son. “I said, ‘[Mom], are you mad at me?’ And she said, ‘No, I’m not mad at you, but you’re going to have a little girl,’” he recalls.

And despite her predictions being correct, Freddie insists history will not be repeating itself with Charlotte! “Second grader is gonna get knocked out!” the protective papa jokes.

Calling fatherhood “the best” and sharing that the addition of baby “straightens everything out in your life,” Freddie freely admits Charlotte resembles both parents, depending on the situation!

“Certain expressions she makes look just like mine — those are on the dumber side — and when she’s contemplative and thoughtful she looks like Sarah.”

Source: Live with Regis and Kelly

– Anya

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)