Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tom Glavine Credits ‘Divine Intervention’ for New Son

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:59 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 157 Total Views

Frank Mullen/NHLI via Getty

Tom and Christine Glavine are the proud parents of a new baby boy via adoption. The couple welcomed Kienan Patrick Glavine approximately one month ago, and feel that his place in their family of seven is fate. Of their “chance encounter” with Kienan’s birth mother, the 43-year-old Atlanta Braves pitcher says “it’s one of those things that makes you believe a little more in divine intervention.”

Tom and Christine were considering adoption and had begun filling out legal paperwork when Christine was introduced to the expectant mom in an Atlanta restaurant.  Shortly thereafter, the unidentified woman — who had already registered with an adoption agency — informed the couple that she had chosen them to raise her son. “We’d like to think we’re going to provide him with something special,” Tom says. “It’s been great for our kids.”

“They love having the little guy around. It’s been a good all-around situation for everybody — except for mom and dad. We’re not getting much sleep.”

Fortunately, Tom and Christine don’t seem to mind. “We like kids,” he said. “There’s always something going on at our house.”

“It’s fun. I enjoy it. Chris enjoys it. In the long run, it will keep us young. It will keep me in the carpool for a long, long time. You can’t ever say that I’ll be bored.”

In addition to Kienan, Tom and Christine are parents to Amber, 14, Jonathan, 14, Peyton, 10 and Mason, 8.

Source: MLB.com

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)