Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laila Ali on How Curtis Jr. Changed Her Life

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 92 Total Views

Former boxer and Dancing With the Stars alum Laila Ali, 31, and her sports broadcaster husband Curtis Conway, 38, talk to PEOPLE about welcoming son Curtis Jr. (also called CJ) on August 28, 2008.

Laila: Our relationship now is so different. We used to enjoy going to the movies and dinner, but now, having the baby, it’s easy to forget to take time for yourself.

Curtis: We can’t just get up and go. Our time outside of the house really has to be planned.

Laila: But we’re not missing anything. The only problem is, I’m tired all the time. So as soon as I get free time, I want to go to sleep.

Curtis: Laila is very attentive to him. He has a certain whine for one thing, a certain cry for another. She automatically picks up on what it is.

Laila: He is very feisty, and he knows what he wants. You don’t have to guess with him.

Curtis: I love getting on the floor with him. I love him slobbering over me. We wrestle.

Laila: I definitely want more kids. But I’m going to wait until my son is about 3 — so he can get me a diaper when I need one! When you have a child and commit to raising that child together, then there is nothing stronger than that.

Brian Doben for PEOPLE for use on CBB

Go behind-the-scenes at the family’s photo shoot — and hear more about Curtis and Laila’s diaper duty — in this exclusive video!

For more celebrity babies, check out the August 31st issue of PEOPLE.

Brian Doben for PEOPLE for use on CBB

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)