Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guess what else happened!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 221 Total Views

I've found more and more that I'm sharing with everyone in this group because we have a common interest and share the same values, so here's my post on "what next!"  Thanks ladies!

I know it may sound that my comedy of a life should be a tragedy some days but when it rains it pours I guess, my suburban is still broke down at the in laws house, it broke the weekend before the snow storm and we haven't been able to go fix it yet, so as I'm stuck at home during this lovely weather anyways now my furnace has died!!!  We only live in 3 rooms of the house anyway in the winter because it would cost too much to heat...so this week we've all slept in the living room!  Guess this will motivate dh to get the insert in the fireplace during the summer, we do have 2 electric wall heaters and there's not that much winter left anyway, I can't wait till spring now, I'm freezing to death!!!  the house is at 60 so I know it's all in my mind but my computer is in one of the shut off rooms, so I'll be back tomorrow when the outside temps are supposed to be in the 50's...LOL.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:49 PM

OH, INDIANNA, so sorry to hear that! My DH hates to be cold so he's pretty good about making sure our tanks (propane) in the RV are full. He missed one night tho and both were empty....got cold that night. I hope you can get the furnace fixed or have something you can use to keep warm. I hate anything under 70 degrees.....being in the desert will do that to ya.....I would be drinking lots of hot tea to stay warm........sunsending some nice hot sun your way!

tea     Drink up.......

desertrat4evr
by Group Owner on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM

And Don't forget lots of these!

INDIANAMOM
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 8:06 AM

We have burned wood before, when we first moved in here, there was a huge wood burner, and the way our house is laid out, it did ok keeping the upper rooms warm too, but we had an earthquake about 3 years back and it moved our chimney, we didn't know at the time and kept burning the wood burner, there was too much air coming in in the attic and aparently from below too and the chimney caught on fire...so this summer dh is taking out the covering in the wall and putting an insert in the fireplace!!!  I'm so excited, it's been below freezing here for about 3 weeks, I'm just starting to thaw out...LOL. Today it's suposto be 50!!! 

Dh is an electrition and he installed a wall heater in the living room for me for this winter, we already have on in the kitchen and it actually does most of the heating in the house anyway, but I was so excited last night with all the other rooms shut off, the living room was actually warm and I slept in only 1 shirt for the first time in weeks!!!  It got so warm that my ds actually went upstairs and slept in his room...LOL. 

I just keep telling myself that it could be worse, I know we can make it thru all these hard times, atleast dh is still working (it's getting grim in our area!), the kids have clothes on their backs and food in their bellies and a good home...We just have to make it a few more weeks till spring, I want to see something green!!!!!  I want to be able to walk around barefooted, I want to play in the dirt again!!!  I want to have the windows open again!!!

Ok Im done whining now, thanks for listening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)