Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evenings....

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 6:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

What is everyones evening availbilty?

I must admit if we could do some evenings Id be willing to get together more often!For day play dates I have to take my husband to work come home hang out till the playdate,leave for the playdate come back home and wait for the husbnd to get out of work,its a pain!I AM willing to do playdates during the day but Im just curious what everyones evenings look like.

by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BusyMomSam
by Member on Apr. 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Once the weather warms up and the days get a little longer, I'm not opposed to going to the park in the afternoon or evening.  The more the kids run around, the better they sleep! :)  We did that quite a bit last summer...if it was a nice day, we'd just go for about an hour and let them run around. 

How flexible is everyone with doing stuff like this? It almost seems easier to just post a quick note like "Hey, I'll be at the park today at 5pm..." and just try to meet up if you're available as opposed to trying to plan something out weeks in advance. We all know how that last few planned events have ended up....rain or snow! lol

Chrystal_A
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Thats a great idea.Why dont we all add each other in our address books on our phone and send out a txt for last minute outings.

I also know that we discussed weekends not working very well for us,but what about things that occur before noon?Id really like to go to ceramics and more some time but i wouldnt want to take both kids but my dh could keep the baby,and it wouldnt be taking up our whole saturday.Imputs please!

BusyMomSam
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:47 AM

It just kind of depends on the weekend and what I have going on with the whole family.

CAGeppert
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Evenings and weekends are BEST for me! Emma goes to school in the afternoons and mornings aren't possible! SO evenings and weekends are it.

Now after summer is over and Emma goes to Kindergarten then it will kind of be the same but she will go to school in the morning.

But I am open to anything that gets me out of the house!

Chrystal_A
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Quoting CAGeppert:

Evenings and weekends are BEST for me! Emma goes to school in the afternoons and mornings aren't possible! SO evenings and weekends are it.

Now after summer is over and Emma goes to Kindergarten then it will kind of be the same but she will go to school in the morning.

But I am open to anything that gets me out of the house!

Thanks so much for your imput we will work on getting some evenings and weekends planned stay tunned for details ;) lol

cmuessig
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I could do late afternoons. Evenings are when my husband and I spend time together. But I could do an evening every once in a while.

Christina
cmuessig
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Quoting BusyMomSam:

Once the weather warms up and the days get a little longer, I'm not opposed to going to the park in the afternoon or evening.  The more the kids run around, the better they sleep! :)  We did that quite a bit last summer...if it was a nice day, we'd just go for about an hour and let them run around. 

How flexible is everyone with doing stuff like this? It almost seems easier to just post a quick note like "Hey, I'll be at the park today at 5pm..." and just try to meet up if you're available as opposed to trying to plan something out weeks in advance. We all know how that last few planned events have ended up....rain or snow! lol

This sounds good to me!

Christina
Chrystal_A
by Group Owner on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM

We could also welcome dads occasionally ladies!!

I appreciate everyones imput and as you all know Im just trying to make it so everyone can be involved in our outings....I think we need a few more members intrested in evenings/weekends so Ill be working on advertising our group.Then we ill have evening playdates AND day playdates and you can pick and choose which you can or want to attend.Things are looking good in here ladies nd I appreciate everyones replies and activness latly!

chrissy729
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Monday nights are good.  We can meet nuetral. Somewhere it is centralized location.  What about a bowling alley we all can bowl and get a beer or bowl.  Does that sound good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN