Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my scratching baby

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 216 Total Views

hi ladies

we have a ferret that is a year old. when we first go here we had a cage that my hubbie had made. i just felt bad for leaving her in the cage. i work all day and my husband sleeps all day. the only time she could get out of her confines is at night before he left for work and when i am home.  so we decided to make our bedroom her new "cage" . recently though she has started scratching at the door. when she does it we put her in the bathroom where she has no toys and it is obvisously alot smaller area to. now she starts to scratch there. the only difference is i dont have a hole in my floor in the BR like in my BDRM.

she also does it alot at night. it is like have a newborn/ toddler depending on what is going on.

any suggestions???

heather

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
DeeJay292
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I think that is just really normal ferret behavior.  Mine scratch at their door all the time.. Weather I am in the room or not.  So here is some thing you can do in your bedroom to protect your door and carpeting.    Go to a home store and buy acrylic or plastic pieces, that you  can put under the door to about 1 foot out.  SO if they scratch in the corner they are scratching on the acrylic,  It also works good if they start going to the bathroom int he corner, as mine are know to do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)