Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i do not like this behavior

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

my son turned 4 in November. His sister is almost 1 1/2, and until she was born he was almost a perfect little angel. Now he shows some aggressive behavior,  and recently has gotten way worse at listening, and will not talk to me about what is bothering him when he gets upset.  When I ask, he just pouts or gets more upset.   I try to show him attention as much as possible but obviously since his sister was born he doesn't get as much.  I just am frusterated that he won't tell me what is bothering him so I can try to make things better.  Why does he not understand I want to help him and talk to him.    I want to fix this problem before it gets worse, any ideas?

by on Feb. 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ashleysmommy123
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2010 at 11:42 PM
I can tell you that when my daugter turned 4 she turned worse. Terrible two's aren't real. Its 3's then 4's that are the worse. My daughter wasn't aggressive, but girls "usually" aren't, she did get very moody and very defiant though and it lasted through most of her 4th year. It really didn't get better until the end. I will say don't try to reason or ration with him. He needs to be disciplined. He needs to understand that his behavior isn't acceptable and that he needs to learn how to control it. If you don't already, start implementing time outs and keep him in them for as old as he is (1 min for each year) After his time out tell him that he was punished for his behavior and that he needs to communicate to you what is wrong with his words and that negative reactions will get him a time out. Be persistent and over time it will improve, but you got to nip it in the bud now. If he is acting out and you sit there trying to talk to him, you are giving him what he wants....attention...and he is learning that he can get it by being naughty. Let him know that you will not tolerate that behavior and are willing to give him attention when he acts like a big boy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)