Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 5:39 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 89 Total Views

My daughter just turned 3 last month, but she WILL NOT use the potty! She's showing all the signs that she's ready.. taking off her wet diaper and asking to be changed, but she WILL NOT pee pee on the potty. I tried giving her a treat for sitting on the potty, and now, she just goes to sit on it when she wants a treat. I stopped giving her treats and she stopped sitting on the potty!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
soymujer
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Are you a member of a potty training group?  I'm a member of a couple and they helped me out immensely.  One is called potty training for moms.  The other one is for boys only but I'm sure they have a potty training group for girls.  I would go there if you aren't a member yet and post your questions there.

There's a method called the 3 day method where you take them out of diapers and put them in underwear. Then you watch them like a hawk and rush them to the toilet when they start going.  When they finish in the toilet, even a little bit, you give them a reward.  Theory is by the 3rd day it will have clicled and they start telling you they have to go.  I did this and it took 8 days to train my new 3  year old for pee and we're still working on the poop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)