Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little artist? what can your toddler/preschooler draw/color?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 3:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 144 Total Views

My son just turned 3 and i have noticed recently a great improvement on his motor skills. HE usually just scribbles and has no purpose to his drawing, but recently he started tryin to make lines inside the lines(scribbles) and  connecting lines and tryin to draw shapes. he seems to enjoy drawing around objects too.

anyways i was just curious how well your 3 year old can draw or color or what is normal for this age?  i'm excited he is getting better by the day. 

have your own simple home biz
http://www.stayhomewithcandles.com

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
batsonsgirl
by Member on Dec. 22, 2008 at 5:53 PM

no one wants to brag about how great there toddlers/preschoolers are?!?! come on now lets hear it!

abigail824
by Member on Dec. 22, 2008 at 7:02 PM

When my dd turned 3 she also started to give more shape to her drawings, and tell us what specific things she was drawing.  Now, at 3 1/2 she can draw people- a circle, eyes nose and mouth, arms and legs coming out of the head and hair.  She is starting get more "complex" with that by adding "accessories".  Plus she likes to draw her shapes- triangles, squares, circles, and even rectangles.  She likes to draw trees, and the sun, and monsters.  Oh, and spongebob.  She loves to draw- she has an easle that she constantly paints or draws on the white board or chalk board on.  You do see improvement every day- its really fun!

batsonsgirl
by Member on Dec. 23, 2008 at 12:15 AM

i agree.. it excites me to see what new things he can do and it encourages me to work with him even more, especially if he enjoys doing it

Ravensmom07
by Member on Dec. 25, 2008 at 10:06 PM

My dd just turned 3 on the 17 and she's been drawing faces for about 4 months now. She just started doing it one day and I think I was more excited than she was! And now when she's coloring she will draw inside the lines of whatever she's coloring, which is good when she's coloring alphabet pages! She can't quite grasp the concept of staying inside the lines yet, but I still love all of her pics!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN