Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your little one stop taking naps? Or have they?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 11:30 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 160 Total Views

My 3 1/2 year old still needs naps, but on weekends he hates taking them. If he doesn't have a nap, he can get very emotional towards the end of the day? Any suggestions?

Kris Munson
Work At Home United
Your life, your dreams, your business!
Ph: 832-407-2930
www.workathomeunited.com/krismunson

by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
abigail824
by Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Mine has given up her naps too.  She'll still nap every once in a while, and when she does she won't go to sleep until like, 11.  I can hear her playing in her room forever when she goes to bed.  So we just do quiet time, so I can still get my nap in lol.  Sometimes she does get a little cranky in the evening as well, but I just push her bedtime to 7:30.  We eat dinner, then start the bath a little before 7.  Then we watch an episode of Charlie and Lola and then go to bed.  She likes her routine and seems okay with it.  If she starts acting up I tell her she'll just go to bed now, without a book and song.  She stops right then and is fine the rest of the night lol. 

Kasey0919
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Stephen stopped taking naps when he was around 3.

He is awake at 7:30am and in bed by 8:30pm so I dunno how he does not get tired! Wish I had that kind of energy!

Have you considered just doing some down time? Like after lunch designate it as quite time? Put on a movie and give him his favorite blankie or stuffed animal to sit on the couch with?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN