Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How sad is this...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 436 Total Views

How sad is this....nothing going on! So let's get something going on..What is new with your family not just our enlisted daughters..but our families as well. I would hate for this site to go under.....we have a common bond. I know many of you from other groups. But I think this one is in need of some uplift.

I can truly say I am looking forward to this Sun. the 25th my daughter Jaclyn will be turning 24. And on that same day Jennifers fiance Tim who in enlisted in the Mariens will be returning from the sand box. Then he and Jenn will be married in Vegas in Feb. at Treasure Island. It is going to be one big gathering of friends and family.

I am so excited for the upcoming next month. Will have more pics to share by then.

So what is new with you?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Proudarmymom1
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:02 AM

not much going on here except freezing cold weather and snow. A heat wave today, maybe up to the 30. My daughter, who is in the Army, has stopped smoking. I`m so proud of her. I`m still looking for another job. My patient died just before Christmas.I`ve been very busy , volunteering at the Military Courtesy room at the airport. It`s just like a USO, only better. That`s our motto. It`s slowed down there. What`sgoing on with you all?????

Theresa Proudarmymom1
5girls
by Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 7:04 PM

My Daughter came home on leave before she leaves for Korea...Well we picked her up from the airport and took her straight to her grandmother because she is not doing well. Than an the way home we had to tell her that we have to put her dog down. so she spent a few days with him than her and my husband went together to have him put down. So today she did a tandem Jump and is on top of the world. And her sisters and nephew came down from Kentucky . so I have all 5 daughter's and my two grandsons together. 

group hughave a nice weekend

Proudarmymom1
by Member on Jan. 24, 2009 at 8:20 AM

It must be great to have all 5 girls home and the grandkids too.My 3 older girls live in NC, Oklahoma and Tenn. I have 5 grandkids . I don`t get to see them much at all. They are actually my stepkids but we don`t like that word. I treat them like my girls and they treat me like their Mom. In fact, I get along great with their Mom, better than with teir Dad, my ex- husband.  I`m happy again for you, God bless you and your familiy and I`ll keep all of you in my prayers.

Theresa Proudarmymom1
GMOTM
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Hey y'all, my Monica has been doing so well since returning from Iraq. There was no difficulty with her now 4yr old daughter coping with mommy being the boss now instead of grandma. They came home to Texas from Georgia for Christ-mas and Monica left Nona with me until mid-April so she can attend a class in Ft. Belvoire, Virginia. It has been very nice having my g-baby back for a little while.  I will get her back in November when Monica deployes again for the sandbox for 15-18 months. We had about three weeks notice when she left last time, and I felt it was such short notice. We have 18 months notice this time, and I'm not sure if I like that better or not-it's a lot of time to dwell on it.  At least she can plan some special events for the two of them to make memories to last while they are apart. TTFN  kim

GMOTM
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:14 PM

My eldest and his family took a pre-Christ-mas trip to California to visit his sis &bro -in-laws and their kids. They planned on being back for Christ-mas eve. they drove from Texas to lower Cali and then up to Sacremento for the visit. They went directly east to Wyoming to come home so they could pick up his next-younger brother and then south to Texas to come home.  Monica and Nona came south from Georgia to Florida and then west to Pensacola to pick up her younger brother in Navy tech school and together they drove to Texas. To say little else, It was a very crowded Christ-mas in my Single-wide mobile home, but it was a joyous occasion. The first time all our kids were home for Christ-mas in a loooong time. The only drawback was that My kid from Wyoming had to leave his wonderful wife home in Casper to help her mon. She was sorely missed. Bubba has his verbal orders for Hawaii-3yrs. He's now back in Florida waiting for his hard-copy orders so he can start out-processing. He's really excited.

armyqtsmom
by Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Wow I finally got a chance to sit down and read the responses about our families. It is so good to see. I had so much fun at my new SIL to be's homecoming I had a big sign up for him to see. I had only seen pics of him. But when I saw those blue eyes I knew it was him. He flew my daughter in from WA to be with him for the weekend past. They just fit so well together. I am just wrapping up last minute stuff for the wedding. They are just to cute. I hope all works out for them. And I am glad to see that things are going well for all of us.

It is only the first of the year and I can't believe that Jan. has gone by already. Wonder what else will the future hold for us.  I have been dieting for my own self help and for this wedding. It was so nice to put on a better fitting jean. My daughter Jennifer was like Wow mom you have lost some weight since she had seen me at my daughter Jaclyn's wedding in Aug. Speaking of weddings I guess it is true that once one daughter gets married another may follow shortly. I have seen it happen twice. Never even imagined it could happen to me....LOL

NCAR4812
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM

MY FAMILY IS DOING PRETTY GOOD, MY DAUGHTER SHAYE IS BACK FROM AFGANISTAN SAFE AND SOUND, WHICH HAS SETTLE MY NERVSE SOME.  SHE WILL BE STATION IN VIRGINIA AT LANGLEY AFB.   SHE IS IN TEXAS RIGHT NOW.  I HOPE TOSEE HER IN JUNE WHEN SHE COMES HOME ON LEAVE.  SORRY TO SAY I HAVE NOT SEEN HER YET.  SHE FEELS THAT THE ONLY WAY SHE CAN HANDLE HER DEPLOYMENT IS BE AROUND THE OTHER PEOPLE SHE AS SERVED WITH.  THIS IS HER WAY TO COPE WITH EVERYTHING SHE HAS DELT WITH FOR THE PASS YEAR.  SO I SET BACK AND WAIT.  I MISS HER BUT I DO UNDERSTAND.   I AM READY FOR SPRING TO GET HERE.   HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH EVERYONE.  TAKE CARE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)