Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, How did you start watching Anime?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 364 Total Views

Seems like a fun question.....

I actually got roped in by my two best friends.......No really, they tied me to a chair for saying Dragon ball Z looked stupid at a sleepover, an hour later I was hooked......still need to get them back for that.......

So, what's your story?

by on Sep. 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkdragon36
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM

I was told by my son about Cowboy bebop and I watched it now ( years later I watch it all of the time.

Brickhouse95
by on Sep. 13, 2010 at 2:21 AM

My hubby...I seen some in college but that was more hentai...I know the difference now, lol!

TiggerMom
by on Sep. 27, 2010 at 12:14 AM

My hubby, when i was pregnant with my 1st he showed me Slayers and i have been hooked ever since...and our kids love avatar...lol

sherriet
by Member on Oct. 19, 2010 at 3:35 AM

Battle of the Planets used to air opposite the Six million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman hour after school at 5 pm.  I caught it once while I was home sick and have been hooked on anime since (about 35 or so years).  I've gotten hubby hooked on a few shows and DD is so into anime she's turning me on to new shows.

Mavanna
by Member on Oct. 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Quoting sherriet:

Battle of the Planets used to air opposite the Six million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman hour after school at 5 pm.  I caught it once while I was home sick and have been hooked on anime since (about 35 or so years).  I've gotten hubby hooked on a few shows and DD is so into anime she's turning me on to new shows.

That's great, My kiddos have done the same for me.

Angelicembrace
by Member on Nov. 18, 2010 at 6:00 AM

I was 16 and had way too serious of a relationship with a guy that was nasty to me, and ended up cheating on me with multiple girls. It was horrible summer. I left him and dealing with the the "heartbreak" I never slept. So I stayed up all the time, and one night I just flipping through the channels and trigun caught my eye lol..then came Inuyasha. Anime is like one oif my biggest coping skills :P. It;s my fiance who helped me along with anime though. He knew way more than I did about it, and introduced me to a lot of them and showed me ways to get them :-D.

sherriet
by Member on Nov. 18, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Quoting Angelicembrace:

I was 16 and had way too serious of a relationship with a guy that was nasty to me, and ended up cheating on me with multiple girls. It was horrible summer. I left him and dealing with the the "heartbreak" I never slept. So I stayed up all the time, and one night I just flipping through the channels and trigun caught my eye lol..then came Inuyasha. Anime is like one oif my biggest coping skills :P. It;s my fiance who helped me along with anime though. He knew way more than I did about it, and introduced me to a lot of them and showed me ways to get them :-D.

I just started rewatching Trigun with my daughter.  And Inuyasha is what sucked her in and made her a fan for life.

Angelicembrace
by Member on Dec. 4, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I want to start watching Trigun again too

Quoting sherriet:

Quoting Angelicembrace:

I just started rewatching Trigun with my daughter.  And Inuyasha is what sucked her in and made her a fan for life.

*Anthony Thomas *11/9/07* & *Iris Raine *8/10/09*

wittner9803
by Member on Jan. 2, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I started with Robotech...everyday after school...I was about 7 or 8.

Then with Sailor Moon...with my sister in law...

Finally hubby and got into with Adult Swim...mainly Inuyuasha, Bleach, Blue Seed and then Akira.

Now we are into way more, with buying dvd's, reading the manga, and going to the conventions..Now our daughters love them too...they even quote from some of them. Their favorite right now is Soul Eater (major crushing on Death the Kid) and Bleach.

Pooobaihr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2011 at 8:44 PM

No story.. grew up on it. Dad loved Robotech.. he video taped the whole invid saga and yeah :D I can successfully say for.... 23yrs I've loved anime

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)