Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yay!! First Anime convention :)

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

Just got ticket to go to an Anime convention in my state in April! I'm so excited, it's the first one I will have ever gone to! DF and I really need this too..we haven't done anything really fun together in a long time.

Any advice for a first time convention go-er? lol. DF says a lot of people will run up and hug us or something, and everyones super friendly. He's been to a few where he used to live.

*Anthony Thomas *11/9/07* & *Iris Raine *8/10/09*

by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wittner9803
by Member on Jan. 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM

We will be going to our third one in April....the time we went I was pretty nervous, but it was awesome!!

Yes everyone was very friendly...and would pose for pics if asked. I love going!!! Our daughters love it too, they went to their first one I Sept,  of 2009. Their fave was SakuraCon last April, we went for two days, and they had a blast!!

anime_mom619
by on Jan. 3, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Ooohhh... are you gonna cosplay? I love going to cons! I'm going to three this year. Two anime cons and one steampunk one. People are generally very nice, but sometimes you get some real losers who try to ruin the fun. I just ignore those people and/or laugh at them. I've started taking a can of Febreeze with me though. By Saturday night some people start getting stinky. A few people keep their costumes on all weekend long without showering. Plus, all the pocky and ramune doesn't always agree with some people and the smells those people produce are just nasty. Sooo... you may want to put some febreeze in your bag. ; )

Have fun, and take lots od pictures :D

Angelicembrace
by Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM

How old are your daughters? My DS is 3 and DD is 1..I'm pretty sure my mom is going to watch them that weekend lol. They'd probably love it, but DF and I really want to enjoy it, and there's no way the kids can handle being out most the time like we will be. I cant wait to go!! I hope you have fun at the next one you go to!

Quoting wittner9803:

We will be going to our third one in April....the time we went I was pretty nervous, but it was awesome!!

Yes everyone was very friendly...and would pose for pics if asked. I love going!!! Our daughters love it too, they went to their first one I Sept,  of 2009. Their fave was SakuraCon last April, we went for two days, and they had a blast!!

Angelicembrace
by Member on Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I want to cosplay in like the worst way lol. But I can't sew, and we don't have a whole lot of moeny to spare--most of the money is going to the trip.Any advice on that one? lmao at the fabreeze. Thanks for letting me know! I will!

Quoting anime_mom619:

Ooohhh... are you gonna cosplay? I love going to cons! I'm going to three this year. Two anime cons and one steampunk one. People are generally very nice, but sometimes you get some real losers who try to ruin the fun. I just ignore those people and/or laugh at them. I've started taking a can of Febreeze with me though. By Saturday night some people start getting stinky. A few people keep their costumes on all weekend long without showering. Plus, all the pocky and ramune doesn't always agree with some people and the smells those people produce are just nasty. Sooo... you may want to put some febreeze in your bag. ; )

Have fun, and take lots od pictures :D

wittner9803
by Member on Jan. 11, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Husband and I went to the first one by ourselves (to see what it was all about) and then we took the girls to the next one. They were 10 and 5 but that was more of a gamer con...so they were pretty bored and we left early, not much to do. Then we took them to the anime one that we had gone to before. They loved it!!! There was stuff for them to do, and way more to look at watch. We had gotten the three day pass, so we took our oldest (they youngest was way to pooped the first day) back the next day and we were there aaaaalllllll day, we stayed for the concert that night too.

We saw a lot of really little kids there too. All dressed up even, way cute. You wil have blast!! We love them... 

Pooobaihr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2011 at 1:54 AM

YOU HAVE TO SEE EXIST TRACE! They're the band thats going to be playing there!  //never been to a con

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)