Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Netflix streaming is anime-happy right now

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 5:29 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 1813 Total Views

I squealed like a total fangirl when I went to check new arrivals yesterday.  Lots of anime including Hetalia which is my daughter's new obsession.   Strike Witches, Black Butler, FMA Brotherhood, Tokyo Majin, Corpse Princess, etc.  The girl and I are happy.  

Anyone else checking it out?

Sherrie

by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pooobaihr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I dont get netflix so unfortunately I have no idea whats in the lineup. BUT, I have seen both seasons of Black Butler, Corpse Princess... love both of those series.

FOLLOW THE GAZETTE FANS OF THE USA HERE: http://www.twitter.com/theGazettE_USA_

wittner9803
by Member on Mar. 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Aaaahhhh....we haven't checked netflix in awhile....OMG!!!! Gotta check it out.

We have been watching Robotech (my fave from childhood) and hubby and I have been watching Darker than Black.

Pooobaihr
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Quoting wittner9803:

Aaaahhhh....we haven't checked netflix in awhile....OMG!!!! Gotta check it out.

We have been watching Robotech (my fave from childhood) and hubby and I have been watching Darker than Black.

OMG I love the 'Invid Saga" ... I could care less about the rest of the series.. that one specific season is what I love!!

FOLLOW THE GAZETTE FANS OF THE USA HERE: http://www.twitter.com/theGazettE_USA_

sherriet
by Member on Mar. 20, 2011 at 1:20 AM

My daughter and I just finished Darker Than Black and I introduced her to Trigun, Trinity Blood, and Blood+ not long ago.  We just watched the first episodes of Hetalia, Baccano, Black Butler, and Tokyo Majin and she's too tired to watch more tonight.  We spent the day shopping for her prom (sniff) and settled in for anime night since the boys (hubby and son) are out cold. 

Netflix was really buggy until about 1 1/2 hours ago.  Satruday night primetime must be popular.

S

sciomom
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Wow netflix has gotten some good ones.  We just finished tri gun me and my 13 year old son he is really into anime anymore.  I am so happy a kid after my own heart finally.  I saw all the Black Butlers one of my absolute favorites and the get it when I have seen them all.  Tri gun was good.  My son is watching "witchblade" now on netflix.  I wish we could go to anime convention he would love it!!

sherriet
by Member on Apr. 1, 2011 at 1:54 AM

My daughter and I have wanted to check out a con for a while.  My husband and stepson are watching Initial D (1-4th stages and the movie are streaming) and might check out a con with us if we asked them nicely. 

S

nickynova
by on Apr. 8, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Been all over it lol just finished Aquarion now im onto blood ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sciomom
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM

we are watching" Claymore" now.  Oh I hope netflix keeps the anime coming  this is a good story too.  I like the fact that my son can see that a female can be a strong hero too not like american shows.

wittner9803
by Member on May. 6, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Quoting sherriet:

I squealed like a total fangirl when I went to check new arrivals yesterday.  Lots of anime including Hetalia which is my daughter's new obsession.   Strike Witches, Black Butler, FMA Brotherhood, Tokyo Majin, Corpse Princess, etc.  The girl and I are happy.  

Anyone else checking it out?

Sherrie

yes, yes, yes!!! Hubby and I finished Black Butler and Gun X Sword. The kids finished the season of Robotech (they were not happy with the Masters), now they are watching Inyuasha (have to read it but oh well they like it). Hubby and I just started Naruto...I know way late. Season 1 eps 8, I think. It is also sub, but still good.

We were stoked about it, and still are. YAY!!!!

Pooobaihr
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Quoting sciomom:

we are watching" Claymore" now.  Oh I hope netflix keeps the anime coming  this is a good story too.  I like the fact that my son can see that a female can be a strong hero too not like american shows.

So how did Claymore go? That is one of my favorites.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)