Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome - Tell Me About Yourself

Posted by on May. 27, 2007 at 10:00 PM
  • 56 Replies
  • 1456 Total Views
Welcome. My name is Trisha and i'm 19 years old. I just had twin girls named Alex and Aurora born on April, 22 2007 and I'm finding lots of little tricks to make it easier but this finding time to sleep thing is still hard. It's hard when they are both awake and screaming at the same time. There always seems to be not enough time in the day. I don't know what I would do without my mom and sister there to help. The dad is not in the picture and most likely never will be. It's not easy being a single parent but it's very doable so don't get discouraged.
by on May. 27, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vandever03
by New Member on May. 29, 2007 at 8:50 PM
My name is Mandy and I'm a 21 yr. old mother of twin boys.  Jordan and Jace were born on February 12th of this year, so they'll be 4 months old in a couple of weeks.  I know what you mean about finding time to sleep, but trust me it does get easier.  In the beginning I was getting up several times in the night to feed and change the boys.  Within the last month, though, they have been sleeping throughout the night.  It's so nice to finally get to sleep from 11-7, which is something I haven't done since I was several months pregnant.  I've also found easy ways of feeding the boys with pillows, which enables me to eat or do things in the same room, like fold laundry and do dishes.  After awhile you will find many ways to multi-task and get things done.  Just get through the next few months and then you'll see a difference.
Mommy2BnE
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2007 at 10:49 PM
Hi ladies!! My name is Kristin. Im 23 and have ft twin boys(turned 23 4 days before boys were born). My boys were born 2/27/07. Between parenting them and the experience I have with nannying twin boys I have learned some little tricks. My feeding trick is that I use fisher prices infant to toddler rocker (its a bigger more stable bouncy that they can use practically forever!) I use recieving blankets to prop up the bottles and stagger feeding them by 3 minutes so that burping becomes easier.

The biggest thing that helps is having a routine. I had a hard and fast one with the boys I nannied. The one I have with my boys is more of a loose one. If we sleep until 7 one day and 9 one day thats ok- for the sake of sleep! I dont push it. After we get up everything is pretty much the same everyday. Everyday they seem a little more set into the routine and they dont have as many of those times when they are both fussy and crying.

As they get older there are more things that you can do with them. A lot of time the fussiness is out of boredom so if you keep them moving they are happier.

Sorry for the book! Hope some of those tips help!
LeonaE
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2007 at 12:46 PM
hello twin mommies! My name is Leona I am 32 (still Young!!!) ha ha I have 3 month old boy/ girl twins Cole & Corin. They are great with them I have also been blessed with 3 others Jeff 10, Leann 5, and Ashley 4. My life is crazy but its that loving every min of it crazy. I am also in nursing school. Nice to meet you all.
juliemamajj
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 6:44 PM
Hi Mommies, I am Julie, brand new to this group, I am 25 years old, and my twins are 4 and 1/2. Boy/girl, Jason and Jillian. I also have a nine month old baby girl, Halie, who looks like we just poured another mold of Jillian. I see a lot of new twin mommies here and I would just like to say that it gets 10 times easier with every year that they grow. Mine aren't even in Kindergarten and they are amazingly easier. The first 18 months is the toughest. So hello everyone!.......Julie
aidanstwins
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 5:53 PM
Hi , I am Jessica and I am 24. I am due Nov. 6 with twin girls. I have a son already who is 3 yrs old. I hope to meet some other moms who are experiencing the same things i am.

LovelyRita
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2007 at 10:55 PM
Hi!
I'm Rita.  I'm 26 and I have identical girl twins, Josephine and Vivienne (Josie & Vivie) that are 8 1/2 months old.  They still aren't sleeping through the night.  And we are very tired.  They had horrible acid reflux, an allergy to both milk and soy formulas and colic for the first 4 1/2 months.  Those were trying times.  Things are much better now, they take zantac and drink Alimentum formula (aka liquid gold).  They are very active, crawling and climbing everywhere and trying to walk.  They both just sprouted their first tooth and are fussy as all hell because of it.  We just converted our dining room into a playroom and that has made everything easier! We took out all the furniture, put up gates and then put down gymnastics mats.  Amazing!  We spend most our time in there now. 
mommyofTWINS930
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2007 at 4:57 PM
hi  my name is samantha im 18 and am the mother of two identical twin girls Madisyn & Mackenzy!!! who have just turned one!! they are the best thing that happened to me! they may stress me out at times but ive learned that keeping them on a strict  schedule! its hard to do at first but once they get used to it it was alot easier for me to sleep and get stuff done around the house!
mommyofTWINS930
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2007 at 4:59 PM
hi my name is samantha and im 18 and  the mother of identical twin girls! they have just turned one and they are a trip!! lol my due date was actually nov. 7th 2006  but i ended up havin them on sept 30th! if u have any questions dont hesitate to ask!
twins2x
by Member on Oct. 15, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Hi. I'm Abby, proud 28 yr old momma to not 1 but 2 sets of twins!!! I have girls, Kaylee and Taylor, that will be 7 on Halloween and boys Brandon and Colby who turned 3 in July. I just moved to the Chicago area, my husband is in the Navy and I'm going through friend withdrawl. I stay home and only get to see our walls....I am going stir crazy. Who would ever think that with 2 sets of twins there would be time to be bored? I'm hoping to meet some moms who live near me and maybe make some cool friends.
Evolution523
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Hi, my name is Dena and I just joined the group today.  I am a 27 year old mother of 4 year old twin girls named Gianna and Madison.  I myself was a single mother.  I just got married 3 weeks ago to someone I never thought I would find.  It has been a rough few years but I wouldn't change it for the world.  Can't wait to chat with you and hear your stories and advice!  Which is always needed!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)