Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are 2 cribs a neccesity @ birth with twins??

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 471 Total Views

i was going to put my twin boys in the same crib for the first few months when i have them,. my home nurse however recently highly reccomended that the boys have their OWN crib bc of the risk of SIDS. i do have the baby support things that keep them on their back and they would be on their seperate sides.. we were going to wait a few months after the babies were born to buy the 2nd crib so that we could save on expenses b4 they are born but i believe we are going to go out and get a second crib b4 the lil guys get here.  just lookin for other moms info on wat you did with your twins and wat not..,

27 weeks, 5 days pregnant with twin boys :) and a 2 yr old princess!!

(`~"-..<ToNyA LyNn>..-~'`)

by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youngmommyx2
by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM

I'm pretty sure it's okay for them to share a crib. It's not like their going to be rolling around on top of each other when they're newborns anyways. My boys are almost 1 and still share a crib. I know some moms with twins who shared a crib until 2!

preview image

Things1and2
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2008 at 7:01 PM
my boys didnt even sleep in the crib it was always their glider till what 4 months...your not supposed to have ANYTHING in a crib no bumper pads nothing but a sheet. id say its fine to put them in the same crib untill they can roll over then you deff need two cribs. u also wanna make sure they dont get sooo attached u cant seperatethem when u need to.
rosepetalluv
by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 11:07 PM

my boys shared a crib until they started rolling over each other. they are two yrs old now.it worked out great for us. besides they were in the womb together and they can feel if their twin is not next to them. well at least mine did. good luck. just want to tell you is great having twins everything is double the fun. if you ever need to talk or anything at all send me a message. chickchick

megababies
by New Member on Sep. 13, 2008 at 11:10 PM

evan was home for 3 weeks before wes came home and they were in their own beds in the NICU so i kept them apart. i was super super paranoid of SIDS since they were preemies and all so that was another reason why. plus... i didn't want to have to deal with separating them later on.

lovesmytwins
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2008 at 10:17 PM

there is the risk of sids but i put my boy and girl in the same bassinet for about 6 weeks.  they loved it. they would hold hands and comfort each other. soon though they were too big and they would distract each other from sleep.  i always had the two beds set up for them so when they were ready i would separate them. every set is different. keep the separate cribs just in case. if you feel they need to sleep together then keep them together until you feel they are ready or to big to be separated. there is no wrong way. good luck!

Quoting ToNyA-LyNn:

i was going to put my twin boys in the same crib for the first few months when i have them,. my home nurse however recently highly reccomended that the boys have their OWN crib bc of the risk of SIDS. i do have the baby support things that keep them on their back and they would be on their seperate sides.. we were going to wait a few months after the babies were born to buy the 2nd crib so that we could save on expenses b4 they are born but i believe we are going to go out and get a second crib b4 the lil guys get here.  just lookin for other moms info on wat you did with your twins and wat not..,

27 weeks, 5 days pregnant with twin boys :) and a 2 yr old princess!!

mommyofTWINS930
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2008 at 3:11 PM

twin girlsmy baby girls are 2 now... but when they were born (for the same reasons as you) i bought only one crib...i was told by my doctor that in mst cases they do better when they are still together. i dont think there is any problem with it...my girls stayed together until they were 8 months and still to this day though they do have seperate beds .. they like to be together. its about comfort and when they are together like they were for the past 8-9 months they sleep better.

firedragoneyes
by New Member on Nov. 3, 2008 at 3:43 PM

I have twin girls, 3yrs old, and they shared a crib for about 2-3 months.  I could not find the crib i wanted for the second one and i did not have the money to get it.  My girls were in NICU for 6 days cause they were premees and came home, while they were there they shared a crib, after all the IV's and things like that were out.  I had a nephew that passed away of sids, so i know that fear all too well.  I kept them in the same room though until they were almost 3yrs.  Now that I have them seperated at day care they do better.  Just remember to give them their own identity. 

whatamom208
by New Member on Nov. 3, 2008 at 5:35 PM

As a mother of twins and an experienced child care provider for many years, I would definatlely not put them in the same crib. I took a SIDS awareness course at a local college and their are many factors that can contribute to SIDS. Some say they wont roll over on each other, and that may be true for a while. But you never know when the first time will be, and you don't want to leave yourself wandering "Should I have done something differently?" I know it sounds sweet to put them together, but the risk is too high. Also, it creates a sleeping habit you will one day have to break. Trust me, I have made sleeping arrangement mistakes, and they are very hard to break. Good Luck with your bundles of joy!

soldiers_spouse
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2008 at 1:12 AM

my boys are 5 months old a still share a crib. they don't sleep well away from one another. i have heard form other perents, that twins share a bond and may sometimes feel very lonely if the other one is not beside them. me personally i feel like it is the cutest thing to see both my babies in one crib they just lay there and hold hands and just talk away to one onther. but whatever you decide is the best for your babies is what you sould do. good luck.

AsiaLuv
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2008 at 10:01 AM

idk what other moms do but my 7mo b/g twins share a crib and probably will for a vry long time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)