Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training twin girls

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 3:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 379 Total Views

yipes ok so I"m super overwhelmed I'm trying to potty train my 2 1/2 yr old twin girls and its not working so well they seem to get the concept one day and there will be few accidents and than the next days ALL accidents and sooo much laundry....help! any advice or suggestions?

by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommyofTWINS930
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2008 at 3:20 PM

twin girlsgood luck!! i have twin girls that just turned 2 in september!! they're a handful! but they're great! but like you me and my husband are struggling with the potty training! At least you can get them both to go  only  one of mine will ... my little one refuses to go!!

firedragoneyes
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2008 at 7:06 PM

I have 3 1/2 year old twin girls and it is so hard for us.  we have a lot of laundry to do. The oldest is having more accidents then the younger one.  It takes a lot of patients and repetitiveness.  I still have problems with the oldest she has accidents one after another and other times it is great.  Praise a lot for going, don't make a big deal over accidents,  and try not to go back and forth between panties and pull ups.  and remember paitents.  I know it is hard and i am still trying to remember that too.  Also getting them around older kids that are potty trained is good too cause of peer pressure.  I could not really get them to go until i got them in Daycare.  They are now in a CDC, Child Development Center,  and that is where they have improved a lot.  I also started making sure they are seperated.  I know it sounds mean but it makes a big difference.  It has helped them a lot for potty training, speech, and over all.

mommyto3rugrats
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 8:55 PM

It is a frustrating time to potty train! My girls started potty training at 18mths! we didnt stop having "accidents" until just before 3yrs old!!  Yes its a lot of laundry but there really isnt anything around it, pull ups are just too much like diapers and my girls never got the concept from those. Just a lot of repetitiveness and keep it consistent. We used treats, not after they went but we gave them a snack to get them to sit on the potty longer and if/when they went we made a HUGE deal about it, they were so proud. Eventually it seemed like overnight.. they just were using the potty!

Also try different seats, my girls had the ones that sit on the floor, they wouldnt use them.. we had to get them the one that sits ON the potty!

good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)