Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont understand why.

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 6:22 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 421 Total Views

I don't get why I am criticized so harshly for choosing to keep my twins and raise them. This desicion was mine to make but now that it's made I'm getting rude comments that I should give them up for adoption to a nice couple. But me personally this being one of my pregnancies know that after bonding for almost nine months I couldn't just hand over MY babied to another women to love. I know that I am unwed and quite young. But I have a good paying job, a loving boyfriend, good health insurance, and most important is How can anyone tell me someone else can love MY babies more than me. I will provide all that my childern need and hopefully all they want.  Adoption may be a great desicion for some women but not me!

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyto3rugrats
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I dont know your age and was married for almost 2yrs so I cant pretend that I know what you are going through. I was 19when my twin girls were born but thankfully I had the support of a wonderful group of women from my mothers of multiples group and my family (who didnt live anywhere nearby) But it always upsets me when I hear of people giving young mothers a hard time just because of their age. Would I prefer they wait until they arent teens.. yes, but that ship had sailed by that time! Nothing anywhere says that a young person cant be a great mother and raise those babies with unconditional love and care. The only thing I can say is ignore the comments. I  bet your a fantastic mom to the babies you have and will continue to be to the ones to come. At 24yrs old I have 4 babies, age is just a number, just make sure you care for those babies in your life the way they deserve to be.

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

*Alexander*
theyrsoworthit
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Thank you so much. I will care for my babies no matter the cost and If i truly believed that someone else could do a batter job than me than I would accept that and give them up but I believe no I know Ima be a wonderful mother to my two to come and my others...

chloeconnor
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM

wow this reminds me of what i went through when i was pregnant with my twins... they're 3 now and i love them so so much i kept them! everyone told me i couldn't care for them because of my age... i was 19and actually had a friend of the family offer me money so her and her husband could have them! they chose not to have anymore after their last and both got fixed i flat said no!!! i will tell you times are hard right now and its going to be rough but hang in there!! i'm 22 now and have not only the twins but a 11m old baby!!!good luck

Fun Loving Mommy of 3 beautiful Kiddos!!

theyrsoworthit
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2009 at 2:13 AM

I guess some people just think I think its guna be a fairy tale or thats its guna be like dolls were when i get bored i put them away. I know its guna be rough but like my screen name inplies They are sooooooo worth it! thanx you two have been wonderful!

heathertx
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Don't let other people tell you what you can and can't do. I got pregnant at 16 with twins and was not married. It was hard but worth every minute. they are now 4 going on 5 and me and their father are married. so everything works out the way its supposed to in the end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN