Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5th Birthday

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

i know it early but what do you do at a 5 year old Birthday.. This year my son will be  having friends from preschool. every year before that it was just family and 1 or 2 friends. so i have no icdea.. It will be a Diego Birthday if you have any idea's please let me know..

Pinata?

Pin the Tale on Something?

2 Hours?

by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
BSanchez45
by Member on Mar. 4, 2010 at 1:10 PM

We're having a Barbie party at the park with a pinata.  It'll be for three hours and I'm having a Barbie entertainer there to do face painting and balloons for an hour and a half.  I'm having it in the afternoon so I'm just serving snacks, not a full meal.  I plan on just serving small sandwiches, fruit, veggies, drinks and of course a cake.

JahnaeLong
by Group Owner on Mar. 5, 2010 at 8:16 AM

First, I think 2 hours is sufficient for any age, until they are much older and do nighttime parties. My daughter just has a friend who turned 5 and it was 2 hours but a lot of it was run around time and man, I was exhausted by the time it was over, plus I had my younger son with me to keep an eye on.

Second, for party ideas just do a search online for party ideas for a 5 year old. I think a pinata may be too old for our kids, can they hit and aim it hard enough? However, when I was 5 my parents got one that came with strings that were attached to the bottom piece, and each child would hold a string and on the count of three or whatever you pulled! The down side to pinanta's not every child gets candy. I don't know how many you are thinking of having but I remember specifically my sister, 2.5 years younger than me, was pushed out of the way so she didn't get any and started crying. Me being the great big sister I am,LOL, shared my candy with her. :)

For Ana, her birthday is June 6th, but Toy Story 3 comes out around the 15th, so we are going to do a movie party! Last year we had a pool party but got rained out so we all went and watched "Up". It was great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)