Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wii Fit

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

Can someone tell me where you find the time to exercise?  Are you setting aside a block of time, or are you just working in 10 minutes here and there?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KITTYCAT1
by on Feb. 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I do it when the kids are in school. I'm lucky because I'm able to workout for 2 hours (each day)  5 days a week.

cubbies23
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I do it whenever I have 10 or 15 mins to spare.  Usually right after lunch or at nap time.

kmgoff30
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Here is my philosphy - I can either make the time now to exercise or I can make t he time later for all of the doctor's appointments that I'm going to have if I don't change something. In other words, I used to love my 9 o'clock hour because it was my time alone (husband & kid asleep). I would veg on the couch and enjoy having the TV all to myself. Now, after 3 weeks of working out, I look forward to that time as my exercise time. Who cares if I never watch CSI:Miami again? Is watching TV more important to me? NO! I absolutely love that time to myself. One night, my husband stayed up later than usual because of a snow day the next day. When 9 o'clock rolled around, I simply turned to him and said "It is time for me to workout. You are welcome to stay and watch, join in or leave the room." He stayed in the room for about 10 minutes and then headed off to bed! It's not about finding the time - it's about making the time. I hope I didn't sound too self-righteous or preachy.

cubbies23
by on Feb. 4, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I don't think you sounded self-righteous or preachy.  I know that is what I have to start doing with my family but I don't.  I still put them ahead of me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)