Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Bedtime seperation!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2008 at 9:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 109 Total Views
I really need some help.  My daughter will not go to bed by herself, and she is being very unreasonible.  She throws huge fits, screams, flops in the floor, and nythng else she can do to make me miserable.  What do I do ??????????????????
by on Jul. 17, 2008 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gabestersmom
by on Jul. 18, 2008 at 2:11 AM

It will probably sound mean, but I would just put her in her room and let her throw her fit. Shes gotta get tired eventually.

On Super Nanny she will have the parents just put the kid back in bed every single time they get out, even if it takes 3 hours! Eventually they get the point that mom is serious and will stop fighting. You may have a few nights of it, but they start getting used to it and won't put up a fight anymore when you are consistent with it.

Hope that helps!

brat_rangler_2
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2008 at 6:49 PM
Thats not mean, I have done it a few times but I am nowhere near consistant with it.  She breaks my heart with her words.  Oh have watched supper nanny plenty of times and I have taken notes.  I wish I were as smart as she is.  Man she is awesome.  I really appriecate your reply.  I will have to stick to it, or she will be 15 and haveing to hold my neck for comfort.
HANNAH2002
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2008 at 1:15 PM

I am having the same problem with my 2 DD, I end up staying in her room until she falls asleep and this has cause another problem she will now get up and comes into my bed at night , people have suggested that I use gate. I tried the super nanny thing putting her back in bed but my dd is so stubborn that after 4 hours I could not do anymore, I have to work, I like the the super nanny thing, but it was just not working I read in her book that if it not working that you are doing it wrong. Anyway I going to try the gate thing and just let her cry it out.

Mommy2HAZE
by on Jul. 24, 2008 at 5:09 PM

I agree, let her throw the fit. She will fall asleep, even if it is in the middle of the floor. Try a teddy bear for replacement. Have it be her bedtime friend. My daughter has "Beary, Blankie, Blue, Bubbles, and Baby, plus Dora and Boots the blanket". That's a little much in my opinion, but my husband started it.

wanna make a little bit of cash

http://www.clixsense.com/?2350460

ceo_mommy
by on Aug. 11, 2008 at 1:51 PM

I co-slept with my daughter often and there is nothing wrong with that. The US is the only country that puts children in their own room at such a young age. My daughter is 2 now and does sleep in her own bed comfortably. It was hard at first but I cut out stars out of different color construction paper and I let her pick out what color she wanted to go to bed with, like a reward system and that has worked real well. I don't know if letting her cry or any child cry for a period of time is good especially at bed time. I think it gives them a sense of abandonment. I want my daughter to feel comfortable about going to bed. Just my two sense..... Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)