• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help..advice tips lol anything!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 373 Total Views

So my daughter just turned 2 in march...march 20th to be exact! she is a very independent girl...shes a great learner...but i can not seem to get her off of the bottle! or potty train...everyone tells me she should have done both by now...she has to go to bed with a bottle most of the time...i mean she eats well...idk what the deal is...i guess its like a security thing>? Dont get me wrong shes used the potty but only like 2 times..ill tell her journie do u need to go to the big girl potty and she is all excited and ready and she pees right beside it!!! its so frustrating ...but i mean i can't get mad at her its not her fault....so i just tell her u know maybe next time we will get it girlie! but shes never pooped in it yet...i sing her this song i heard ...it goes to the beat of "twinkle twinkle little star"

it goes...tinkle tinkle little pee...in the potty u will be...stinky stinky poopee oh! ...In the potty u will go...lol

i need some help guys! any advice?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
beachbuick
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

My dd is about to turn 3 and is comfortable sitting on the potty, just not going.  She has been told, by my husband and myself, that after her b-day we will no longer be buying pull-ups.  She has told her teachers and other adults that she will use the big girl potty when she is 3.

It sounds to me like you are making it available, and that is all you can really do.  since every child is SO very different, no one can say what is right or wrong for any child.  Getting your dd on the potty is a challeneg in itself.  My dd doens't use it every day.  I am a teacher and with her in day care and my husband working out of town we just don't get to it sometimes...  Life Happens. 

Who ever told you that she should be potty trained by now is full of it LOL

As for the bottle, I have no clue.  DD was nursing until almost 2.5 and then was no longer interested.  May I ask what you put in the bottle?  Is it only for bed?  My dd sucks her thumb ALL the time, especially at night to fall asleep.  I am not wrapping the thumb up, nor am I even making a fuss out of it.  She will be done when she is ready.  The battles are not worth it to me.

Best of luck.

SSlovak
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:03 PM

i just put regular milk in her bottle....nothing else and she will only drink it cold....but when i try not to lay her down with it she has a terrible fit! i get home from MA school at 11:30pm and then we wake up at 6am to start out morning so i eventually just give in to the bottle....i can't help it tho i need sleep  to function right lol

ConnersMom03
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Maybe with the bottle put less and less in it each night til it's not much at all, then nothing??

With potty training I think the best thing is a lot of praise and/ or rewards.  My son would always go to get m and m's.  LOL  Sometimes they get busy playing and don't want to go, but I would remind my son (esp once he was in underwear), you're a big boy now and big boys use the potty.  He was in underwear by his second birthday.  I was lucky he was so ready.  He struggled more with the pooping in the potty as well.  I think potty training is overall a weird concept that they need to get used to.  And I've heard that surprisingly the sensation to pee is stronger than the sensation to poop.  So sometimes they just don't know when it's coming.  We have a book "Zack's Potty" that has helped my son as well.  I don't know if there's a boy version, but the book itself folds out into a boy and has a story about potty training and a sticker chart and parenting tips.  It is still one of his favorite books and he's so proud to be a big boy.

I really like the Tinkle Tinkle song, that's cute.  We had a song we used too.

preview image

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)