Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camp Carnival Talent Show - Minimum age?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

OK, mamas! I have a question about the Camp Carnival talent show:

Is there a minimum age requirement to participate?

I ask because daughter, who will turn 4 a couple of months before we sail, is taking ballet. Well I just found out that her very first ballet recital takes place the day we start our cruise (chalk it up to Murphy's law), so we're all going to have to miss it. :-(

Anyway, I had a "brilliant" idea that if I pack my daughter's dance costume, she can perform her dance in the kids' talent show with Camp Carnival. However, I was wondering if they would let a 4-year-old perform solo, or if her age group were limited just to singing a group song.

Does anyone know? We'll be on the Carnival Dream.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cruisinsusan
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Greetings,

I suppose it's at the discretion of the Youth Counselors, but in the past they had all ages in the talent show when my kids participated.

Susan Pisani AKA Cruisin Susan in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
LadyJag
by Member on Jan. 20, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Quoting cruisinsusan:

Greetings,

I suppose it's at the discretion of the Youth Counselors, but in the past they had all ages in the talent show when my kids participated.

Thanks! This gives me hope! Of course, it may turn out that DD won't want to participate at all. LOL!

Oh well - since we're driving to port, packing her costume isn't going to be a problem, even if we don't use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)