Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Cruise in October!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 380 Total Views

Hello, I am new here, and thought this might be a good place to get some info on cruising. We have never been on a cruise before. We are taking our two dd's (ages 5 and 9.) We are going on the Carnival Inspiration to Grand Cayman and Cozumel! We just really don't know what to expect. Any tips? Advice? Thanks!!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momofgirls63
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM

BUMP!

LadyJag
by Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Hi! We went on that exact cruise this past April! You are going to have a fabulous time!

I am at work right now, so I can't go into details right now, but I'll do my best to answer any questions you have. Meanwhile, my Carnival Inspiration review/recap can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1179886

JesusGirl0721
by on Aug. 17, 2010 at 4:27 PM

If you don't mind me asking....how much for the four of you? DH and I are looking to go in October with our 2 kiddos and want to make the right choice.

cruisinsusan
by Group Owner on Aug. 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Expect for you and the girls to have a great time.  Carnival has a wonderful youth program, so use it as the girls will be thrilled and you also will have some nice alone too.  Let us know what kind of tips you would like, i.e. what to do on the ship, off the ship, food, entertainment, etc.  Have a great time and report back as we will all cruise with you through the experiences you share

momofgirls63
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2010 at 6:53 PM

It was under $2000 for a 5 night cruise, in an oceanview room:) I don't remember exactly how much, because DH booked it for us. I would have to ask him...lol! I know our passports were $500 for the 4 of us!! CRAZY!

Quoting JesusGirl0721:

If you don't mind me asking....how much for the four of you? DH and I are looking to go in October with our 2 kiddos and want to make the right choice.

momofgirls63
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2010 at 6:57 PM

We think it's crazy that sodas are not included on a cruise!! What do you know about Camp Carnival? It sounds like it will be a lot of fun for my girls:) I will just feel funny about leaving them at first I think. But, where are they gonna go right? lol  I just have so many questions and don't know where to start!!

Quoting cruisinsusan:

Expect for you and the girls to have a great time.  Carnival has a wonderful youth program, so use it as the girls will be thrilled and you also will have some nice alone too.  Let us know what kind of tips you would like, i.e. what to do on the ship, off the ship, food, entertainment, etc.  Have a great time and report back as we will all cruise with you through the experiences you share

momofgirls63
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2010 at 6:57 PM

thanks!

Quoting LadyJag:

Hi! We went on that exact cruise this past April! You are going to have a fabulous time!

I am at work right now, so I can't go into details right now, but I'll do my best to answer any questions you have. Meanwhile, my Carnival Inspiration review/recap can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1179886

sandrasanders
by on Sep. 12, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I do know that if your a soda family, you can check on the website for how much a soda card is, for a 7 night cruise I know its 47$ for an adult.... I am bringing crystal lite packets and making it in this re-usable plastic sipper bottles!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)