Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planning to cruise in March of 2010, HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 195 Total Views
We are planning to cruise w/another couple at the end of March 2010. I have been looking online for reasonable rates. I need some advice. Should I use a travel agent? Most of the time when I am putting the cruise and airfare together it's around $1200 a person. Is that good? I have never been on a cruise before, but I seem to here that Carnival is a good one to go with. Does anyone recommend any other cruise lines? Also, if I am getting the airfare set myself do the cruise lines typically have shuttles to and from the airports? Sorry, I am rambling. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2fclnr

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Ashes711
by Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I have only been one one cruise before and it was in July and the cruise alone cost 1200 a person and it was 1 week!  I would say that with your flight included that's a pretty good deal.   We were on the Carnival Ecstasy and it was an absolute blast!!!!!   I'm not sure about the shuttle but I'm guessing it will go there, ours picked us up from a hotel.

cruisinsusan
by Group Owner on Aug. 31, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Greetings,

No worries, you are not rambling, just seeking info.  The fact that you have questions is a good reason to use a travel agent.   Look for one who has a CLIA certification as they have earned advance cruise counsellor status with additonal training and expertise.   Carnival is a good cruise line, but without knowing more about you and your friends, it is hard to say if this is the best cruise line for you.  You don't mention how long a cruise you are going and where you will be flying from, so it's hard to say if you have a good deal.   As for shuttles to and from the airport, where you are sailing from would effect my answer as sometimes it is cheaper to take a taxi.  Give us more specifics and we all can be of more help.  Have a great time!

Susan Pisani AKA Cruisin Susan in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)