• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homemade Baby Things!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:18 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 1460 Total Views

I know some of us July Mamas are making some things for the baby. Let's show off our hard work!

This is the first thing I have compleated for Baby Jake! It's a fleece recieving blanket. Still have to do everything else...

by on May. 24, 2009 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Inle_Rabbit
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I've been thinking on whatelse I can make to really personalize the room. I saw another post in a diffrent group where a mom had painted the switch plates. I thought I would give it a go! This is what I got. I love them! I'm still waiting for the poly to dry on them before I put them back on the walls tomorrow!

IamLilysMom
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 12:26 AM

aw, i love the switch plates, you did a great job :)

i'll post my pics once i actually get something completed.. ha!  i'm running outta time!!!

Inle_Rabbit
by on Jun. 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM

8 weeks for you! =) Don't worry your project seems so much easier than mine does! Especially after I read that book on quilting. =) Lucky you!

mrsjoeljr
by on Jun. 3, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Did you freehand the switchplates or use a stencil? They look great...that's a good idea!

CafeMom Tickers
Inle_Rabbit
by on Jun. 3, 2009 at 11:28 AM

They are free handed. It's a mimic of the boarder around the bunny quilt squares. I need to make one more yet. I forgot an outlet! =)

MonLeighB
by on Jun. 4, 2009 at 8:55 PM

My grandma made me switchplates when I was little!! I loved them!! No one else had switchplates like I did and that made me feel special!! LOL!!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

maeganbeasley
by on Jun. 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM

im always making something, love to do anything 'crafty' . These are a few things ive actually finished.... i still have burp rags, blanket im waiting to have monogamed so i can finish the back, and paint canvas art work,

Rag quilt before washing...

after wash starting to "rag"

bow holder (dont have a pic of the re-touched one, noticed messups after i took pic)

all the bows i have made so far. ive also made the interchangable lace and nylon headbands

Doorhanger for the hospital. Thats all the stuff i have so far, but when i actually finish everything ill post more :)

Inle_Rabbit
by on Jun. 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I love the quilt. I havne't started on mine yet. Sometime this week though! I'm running out of time! =)

Dustinsmomjen
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 1:15 AM

I am on my 9th crocheted blanket for baby. I have a black blanket with pink, purple, and green running through it not pictured. I also made the green sweater and bonnet set as well as the little pink dress.

I made the purple doily.

I painted the letters on her wall purple. Purple is not showing up very well with my camera. I also added the little bows at the top and the hanging ribbons. I did not make the butterflies, but I thought the were really cute with the letters.

Dustinsmomjen
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 1:16 AM

The blanket is beautiful!

Quoting maeganbeasley:

im always making something, love to do anything 'crafty' . These are a few things ive actually finished.... i still have burp rags, blanket im waiting to have monogamed so i can finish the back, and paint canvas art work,

Rag quilt before washing...

after wash starting to "rag"

bow holder (dont have a pic of the re-touched one, noticed messups after i took pic)

all the bows i have made so far. ive also made the interchangable lace and nylon headbands

Doorhanger for the hospital. Thats all the stuff i have so far, but when i actually finish everything ill post more :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)