Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chad Austin is here!!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

Chad was born July 17th at 9:14am, the due date was July 25th.

I was schedule for induction on July 17th, but Chad decided to come on his own. At around 2:00am on the 17th I started having regular contractions. At first I thought maybe I needed to go to the bathroom, or was just having some Braxton Hicks as was usual for the middle of the night for me. When they were still coming every 4 to 6 minutes at 3:00am I decided to called L&D. They said I could come into the triage and they would check me for dilation and actual labor. I woke up my husband and my mom (who had luckily already come in town for the induction) and we drove to the hospital. Once we got to the hospital I thought it had to be real labor because I was in some pretty serious pain at that point. The nurse wheeled me up to triage where they hooked me and baby up to machines to measure our heartrates, and then they checked me. I had been dilated to a 3 for two weeks already and 80% effaced, so I knew I would be at least that, but when the nurse told me I was a 7 I freaked. I wanted the epidural and I didnt know if there would be time for me to get it. They decided to send me up to L&D since I was in actual labor, and on the way they pumped my IV so I would have plenty of fluids to be able to receive the epidural. We got to the room, and the nurse checked me again and I was dilated to an 8 and then my water broke on its own. Within 30 minutes the ansthesiologist was there and ready to give me my meds. :) Thank goodness.... because the pain was getting pretty hard at this point. Once I got the epidural I felt better and was soon dilated to a 9. At around 8:00am the nurse checked me again, and said I was almost a 10... she stretched me to a 10 on her own since I was so close, and then allowed me to take a few "practice" pushes. I pushed through three contractions when she told me I would need to stop and she called the doctor to come deliver. At this point my epidural was starting to wear off a little bit... unfortunately so I was feeling more of the pain and pressure than I would have liked. Once the doctor got there I only pushed between 20 and 30min and Chad was born. It was a much quicker labor than with my first who I was induced with.

Chad was born at 9:14am on July 17th... weighed 9lbs 13oz, and was 21.5 inches long.  

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Faithbaby714
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Oh he is beautiful!!!  Congrats!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Nicole_2007
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 10:52 AM

aww congrates

babies
babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)