Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morgan Elizabeth is here!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

On Friday the 24th I went in to be induced at 6am.  They started the medication and broke my water.  As the morning progressed, I chilled in the room with family.  I was dialating and getting somewhat painful contractions.  I asked for the epidural when I was dialated about 3 or 4.  The guy had trouble getting the right spot and had to try about six or seven times, but it wasn't really too bad.  It brought great relief.  I was still slowly dialating.  But the epidural ended up running out.  They called for a refill but he was with someone else and it took forever.  In the meantime, I stalled at dialating at 5.  I was at 5 for 2 hours, they said try one more hour and then I would need a c section.  That scared me.  Well, nothing was happening.  They had me sign the papers for c section, but the epidural guy was busy and then the lady across the hall also went into full labor.  So I waited and moved side to side to try helping.  They did a boost to the epidural somewhere in there, but it never seemed to me to kick back in.  I was having painful contractions.  The doc finished with the other lady and came for one last check on me.  I had (thankfully) dialated now to 9.  So we could go ahead normally!!!  I had everyone but my mom leave the room (hubby really couldn't take it)...  I pushed about 15 minutes and Morgan arrived screaming.  It was the most amazing thing for me seeing her for the first time.   She was finally born at 11:08pm, 6lbs, 15oz, and 21 inches long.  She is a beautiful girl.  I feel so blessed.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
tairakittie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:31 PM

she is such a cutie! =) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)