Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter wants to help someone

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 5:58 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 643 Total Views
4 moms liked this

I was in the other group for moms that needed help. I was in need but I got a settlement that I have been waiting for came. I was on my way to take out my name and adpot a child but I was blocked from that group so this is where I am going to be now.
I want to explain why my daughter is wanting to help someone this year. I think its so sweet what she said to me...

First off my husband and I were talking about getting help this year since we were low on cash. When I got my check I have told him that I was taking my name off the list. Out of here and the Salvation Army. I than started talking about helping out a family this year like I did last year. Thats when my 4 year old daughter comes out and says "Why dont some people have chrimstas gifts from santa. Am I getting some? I than explained to her that mommies and daddies have to send money to santa to help get what the children need. Some parents dont have lots of money to do it so they dont get anything or they only get a few items. She than says can we go shopping with someone to get something for them that likes things just like me. I said we sure can. Since my daughter is willing to help someone I am willing to help them as well.

This is why I am posting this in here. I am willing to adpot a single child. My daughter says a girl but I will consider a boy as well. It will be about 5 items. If you can tell me why your child should be the one choosen (along with what your child likes, a picture and the size that they wear) than I will do a random select with my daughter. I may do 2 families but it depands on how many put their child in...

by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
forget_me_nots
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I just want to say THANK YOU for offering to help someone in need this year. I have 3 children so I am not what you are looking for, but I hope that you are able to help someone who truly needs the help. Hopefully someday I will be able to help someone else in need as well, but as of right now I can barely take care of my own.

Again, Thank You for thinking of others this Holiday Season!

newmommyas1107
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting forget_me_nots:

I just want to say THANK YOU for offering to help someone in need this year. I have 3 children so I am not what you are looking for, but I hope that you are able to help someone who truly needs the help. Hopefully someday I will be able to help someone else in need as well, but as of right now I can barely take care of my own.

Again, Thank You for thinking of others this Holiday Season!

If it wasnt for my settlement I got earlier than thinking I would be needing the help. 

Its my daughter that is really pushing for it to happen. She is only 4 but its not to early to teach her to do good things. Christmas is not only for getting. Im just glad to have a good girl that wants to help someone.

othermom
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Such a wonderful thing for you and your daughter to do

Bncholbert
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 7:55 PM
I have a post in here titled share your story here please. we have adopted a family this holiday season but there are alot of women on my post that responded that need help :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylgirl45
by Group Admin on Nov. 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

i'd like to add my granddaughter............whom i'm raising.......along with her brother, and my adult kids, both special needs. jade is 4........has  not been adopted on cafe mom yet...likes barbies, babies, puzzles, board games and legos.. she wears 4/6 girls....her pic is added..thanks.

tasha2378
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a 31/2 yr old daughter and NB son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rldown
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 5:44 AM

I am not sure if you are still looking for a child I am the mother of seven with three under eighteen we live off disability and even birthday gifts were not an option. If help is only possible for one it would be my 14 year old this past spring she witness her best friend hit by a drunk driver on easter it has really taken its toll on her.I can not do a picture I have no type of camera to download picture many blessings.Robin

gemgem
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I have a 6 yr old daughter who needs Christmas gifts. I just posted about it. Our family is going through some very stressful times. My dh's grandma had a stroke so our family is working together to pay for a nurse and home care. My mentally ill son was picked up on violating probation and is in jail and supposed to be put in a psych facility, but all of our money has now gone to hire a lawyer to have him moved so he can get the medical care he needs.

My dd is 6, and she is very outgoing. She is a peewee football cheerleader, in fact her team made it to county nationals. She also cheers for Basketball season, and plays little league. She also sings for people at parties, and has been in pageants and is a very outgoing sweet girl. She has many trophies and recogitions like student of the month, and awards for being a team leader and she is only 6 yrs old. She also won top candy seller at school, and is well loved by everyone who meets her. 

She also struggles because right now her brother (age 11) is with us part time, so she misses him terribly. He should be home full time soon though (long story but basically his dad uses him as a weapon and I can not explain that to a 6 yr old).

Here are a couple of photos of her.

Proud for winning cutest pumpkin at school this year

Singing at a local event

Any help would be appreciated. 

Visit my store for great deals on candles and home decor and work from home opportunities. Get started 100% free too!

http://www.partylite.biz/sites/byValerie/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

t00cute
by Member on Dec. 10, 2011 at 3:13 AM

hi thanks for the offer.i have a 8 year old lil girl.the reason i think my baby should be picked is because

i just want her christmas to be a lil brighter and also the smile on christmas day is priceless and dont want to see her go without because i dont think any kid should have to go without on christmas.also shes a great kid and just hasnt had much in her life and thinks of others more than herself. and i really think she deserves it! kyli wears a size 14 girls.loves hannah montana,victorious,icarly..squinkies, shes a big barbie freak also.my daughters pic is on my profile,cant seem to find my pics on this computer. merry christmas to you and ur family!thanks again luv!

naomishere
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:25 AM

i have a daughter who just turned 3. shes my miricle baby i almost lost her a few times and she was a preemie and has beat every odd. her dad doesnt help period but because of my bills i cant cant do xmas and shes so excited about santa how do i tell her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)