Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter wants to help someone

I was in the other group for moms that needed help. I was in need but I got a settlement that I have been waiting for came. I was on my way to take out my name and adpot a child but I was blocked from that group so this is where I am going to be now.
I want to explain why my daughter is wanting to help someone this year. I think its so sweet what she said to me...

First off my husband and I were talking about getting help this year since we were low on cash. When I got my check I have told him that I was taking my name off the list. Out of here and the Salvation Army. I than started talking about helping out a family this year like I did last year. Thats when my 4 year old daughter comes out and says "Why dont some people have chrimstas gifts from santa. Am I getting some? I than explained to her that mommies and daddies have to send money to santa to help get what the children need. Some parents dont have lots of money to do it so they dont get anything or they only get a few items. She than says can we go shopping with someone to get something for them that likes things just like me. I said we sure can. Since my daughter is willing to help someone I am willing to help them as well.

This is why I am posting this in here. I am willing to adpot a single child. My daughter says a girl but I will consider a boy as well. It will be about 5 items. If you can tell me why your child should be the one choosen (along with what your child likes, a picture and the size that they wear) than I will do a random select with my daughter. I may do 2 families but it depands on how many put their child in...

by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Replies (11-18):
SthrnBelleMama
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2011 at 1:44 AM

i have 3 kids so im out of the running, but heres a bump!

crazymomwith3
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I have a friend named gina allen. She has a 12 year old autistic son and would love help with Christmas for him. She is married and her husband is the one that works so she can be a sahm to be with her son Corey and deal with the special needs he may have like if his school has problems with him they will call her and sometimes she has to go to the school to help them. She was denied help through our welfare office for any assistance due to her husband making to much but what they dont realize is their money goes to Coreys meds, his pull ups, his vhs tapes that he has to have to intertain him, and shoes of which because of the way he paces he has to have a new pair once a month, and his food cause that boy can eat. lol So you can only imagine how far their money goes. not very far. His shoes size is a 7 in mens, his pants are a 14, and his shirts are a 12. i think im right on the sizes. he likes kid friendly vhs tapes, magazines, musical toys, keyboards (piano type) and he could use some sippy cups. Like i said Gina would be very appreciative of any help she could get for Corey. Thanks and God bless you and your precious little girl.

tysmom2000
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Thank you offering to help a family in need. We have had a really bad just like everyone else. I have a 12 yr.old son. He is into legos and loves to draw and be creative. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy2nathan21
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Nathan

mommy2nathan21
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM
My son Nathan is 4 he is a bright smart outgoing little man we have had a hard year I lost my job and all my husbands checks are going to pay the bills. We homeschool my son and hes doing so well he deserves to have a great Christmas. He wears size 10/12 pants size medium shirts and size 1.5 shoes. He loves mine craft cars legos spiderman adventure time arts and crafts learning and anything boy he even loves his baby doll I would love if you would pick him so he could have a wonderful Christmas
newmomk
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! You are doing a great thing of raising your daughter to GIVE, You are doing a WONDERFULL THING.

I have .a grandson he is 3 but I will post anyway

My grandson is 3 and he lives with me. He needs size 4 clothes and he loves toy story. We are on very hard times

We don't have much  money to give him a Christmas.  One toy will make him smile on Christmas thank you, K and grandbaby Jon

Lilmomoftwo
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:06 PM

hi i have 2 kids a girl that is 3 and a son that is 1 and we need help for christmas last year they didn't have a christmas and i really don't want them to go through that again didn't even have christmas dinner we would really love it if you can help us thank you very much

newmomk
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)