Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sniffles and smiles wide *warning may make you cry*

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 194 Total Views
1 mom liked this

happy

My oldest has lost 6 of her teeth so far. Well this little boy at walmart was selling pre bagged food with like $2 worth of food for $4 each to raise money for the local food bank. We she saw this and asked if we would let her buy a bag with her tooth money.(we were gonna use that to buy her this pair of shoes she wanted) i told her if thats what she wanted to use her tooth money for then yes. She had enough to buy almost 2 bags. (we tossed in 3 counting taxes) She bought the 2 bags then turned around and gave the bags back to them and told them they could give that to a family who needs it more than her. It brought not only tears to my eyes but to the adult volenteer who was their helping. She had seen my daughter ask for 2 bags and watched her count out her money from her pocket to buy it! She said she hasn't seen that in a long time. I couldn't help but pick her up and give her the biggest hug and kiss i could.
To think, my daughter does this all the time. Like me she would give the clothes off her back to someone in need yet her aunt got mad at her for not giving up her birthday toy to her cousin just cause he wanted it. (it was a big bouncy ball you get at walmart) So they popped it. Said if he couldn't have it no one would. I so wanted to hit her that day. I am going to make a call to santa and see what we can do to get her a new one (with them being $3 at walmart, i bet i can get her at least that this year) I am so very very proud of her that I had to share!

Oh and she asked if we could go through our pantry and donate all our old food to the school for the food drive they are doing and the bags of candy they have left to the local dentist office that is sending it to the soldiers over seas. I must be doing something right with how I am teaching my kids :)

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
othermom
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

That is so wonderful!

newmomk
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

She is amazing little girl. God smiles everytime your daughter does good. Tell her how wonderfull she is' Very touching story.... Very touching so happy to read good things a child does.And good for you of raising her that way......... HUGS

Aphalicious
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

ty so much. Today we were at the schools breakfast with santa. They needed someone to take the pics of santa and the kids cause the photographer didn't show up. So I offered to help. She whent around to different stations and helped them when needed then helped in the food line pass out food and drinks to people. I was so proud of her and so was the principal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)