Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When adoptions/xmas angels go wrong.... :-(

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 367 Total Views

Hello Ladies,

I just needed to vent for a little bit. 

I have been adopting family here for about 3-4 years. In totality i have adopted over 50 families. I know how to do this, and for the most part i do it well. I give up my xmas to help others...

This is fun for me, it helps me feel like i am doing something to make others happy and that lifts my spirit.

But when you get a person who is overzealous in contacting you, in wanting to know the status, in a constant reminder...it becomes old and stale.

This x-mas it has taken the fun out of it for me. I let this person know that she has done this to me, and at times i just wanted to unadopt her family, but i am a woman of my word and will keep my promise.

Please keep in mind that us angels are humans, with feelings. We just want to help. Trust us to come through, you are taking a gamble either way. But dont just contact us to JUST ask about the x-mas present. It would be nice to know that you look at me as more than just a gift DEPOT.

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I agree that can make it really tough when a person is constantly asking about when it will be mailed and things like that. I love to help familys in need and do it year round. There are times I get really frustrated though. Another thing that bugs me is when a person doesn't let you know that a package arrived. I don't do this expecting a big thank you or sanything, but to know something arrive is really nice. I do love when I get a thank you note though.

santaangel
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM

well said.. if my family would have been adopted, i would have been more than just a gift recipient, i'd want to be a friend.

lasombrs
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

:( oh no! hopefully not us. I think I only wrote to thank you and update you on my son's health. I think of you as a new CM friend, not a gift depot. I actually signed on right now to let you now we got the stickers and ring toss today and they are wonderful. I think the kids will love them. There are always bad apples out there. I am sorry! *hugs*

lasombrs
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

the dollie and playdough came this morning. The doll is so pretty. I know she will love it! I can see her coming to all DS apts with us in the future. Thank you!!

PhotoMom80
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Oh awesome! So we are just waiting on Thomas? I think...so glad you are getting everything...so excited.. :)

lasombrs
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM

pretty sure! Thank you so much!!!!!!

Quoting PhotoMom80:

Oh awesome! So we are just waiting on Thomas? I think...so glad you are getting everything...so excited.. :)

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I am so sorry that was the result of your kindness.  I can't believe that people actually act like that.  Have a Merry Christmas.  

lasombrs
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM

The thomas toy came today! Ds was so excited and didn't mind that sanata missed it at the bottom of his bag lol

myfunniebones
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Wow this is sad. There is no reason for anyone to do this. And just to be greatful they are receiving something without complaint and be content on what they get. No need in harrassing someone over when or how much or what they are getting for christmas. Geezs. I feel your pain on this. Is why don't ask for anything even if i am not having a christmas in my home. 

I would rather see someone else get the joy of things and have a good christmas.  I did't have a christmas in my home this time and no presents for me. But that ok. i have my hubby that loves me and i have friends that cares.  Sometimes we just have to give away to make other happy. I made my daughter christmas a happy one cause they were not goin to have one so i gave up mine to give to her and kids.  I am glad i did cause it made it special for her and family.  

Really shame on those that spoils it for a giver to give to you.  Sorry this happen to ya. 

Promised2One
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I do agree with you as well,. you choose to do this out of the kindness ofyour heart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)