Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking Out!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 186 Total Views
Okay girls, here is the story.  I woke up on July 1st with alot of pain on my left side.  I could barely stand up.  My husband and I thought that I was ovulating and possibly had another ovarian cyst.  I went to my ob/gyn the next morning.  They did an ultrasound and said that it was not a cyst or a tubal pregnancy, but I was ovulating if I wanted to get pregnant.  I said what about this pain in my ovary?  They said that the pain was too high to be in my ovary and I needed to see my primary dr. I saw my primary on tuesday and she said that I had a kidney infection with a possible stone.  She gave me antibotics and pain meds and said to see her on July 5th if I was not better.  Well the pain had become a little less but I went anyway and she said that she thought that I did have a stone and sent me to the hospital for x-rays on July 6th.  On the x-ray there was a shadow and they could not tell for sure if there was a stone or not.  Well, by the day I finished the antibotics the pain was gone.  I thought that was the end but there's more.  On July 16th I started spotting, my period was due on July 20th so I thought that everything was normal.  Sometimes I spot a full week before I get my period.  On July 18th my husband bought me the eliptical strider that I had been wanting, and after 30 seconds (literally)  I had to get off because the pain in my kidney was back.  I called my primary on July 19th, the next morning and she told me that I needed to see a urologist.  My appointment was yesterday July 24th.  They did an ultrasound of my kidneys and said that it looks like I have a stone in one of the ureters, but I now need to have a cat scan to tell for sure.  BTW we did have sex while I was ovulating.  They told me that I have to have a blood pregnancy test before they do the cat scan because if I am the scan could hurt the baby.  I go to my ob/gyn tomorrow morning for the test.  I am having the cat scan on the 28th Saturday.
When I left the urologist I went and took a test as soon as I got home and it was negative.  Here is why I am freaking out, I am scared about having the stone and what the treatment will be.  I want to be pregnant so badly, but I am concerned about having the stone and being pregnant.  All of this waiting is driving me crazy!  Oh, and when I was pregnant with my daughter I had 11 negative pregnancy tests.  2 neg blood tests, 2 neg urine tests at the drs, and the rest were neg home tests.  I was 6 weeks before I had a pos, and if I am pregnant now it is only 4 weeks.  What if the blood test is neg, they do the cat scan and I am pregnant but just don't know yet.  My usual cycles are extremely heavy and I thought the spotting might be implantation bleeding, but I also think it might be wishful thinking and was light because I was sick.  What do you girls think?

Teresa
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Kooksmom
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 5:00 PM
Has AF come? If not, then I would see about rescheduling your scan.  Just explain to them there is a possibility that you could be pregnant and you would like to move the scan out a week.  Another week should put you at 6 weeks.  If you really feel that there is a possibility I would not take any chances.

CLICK HERE to see what's new or for more info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)