Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC!...a little help from anyone out there

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

Hi there! My name is Christina, and im new to CM (ok not that new, but its a new year and i started off new). Well my husband and i are going to be trying for baby #2 around this spring. We already have one daughter named Mylie, she is 15months. We're really hoping for a boy! But heres the catch. We would really like to have twins. Twins run in both sides of the family, and well we thought we were going to have twins with our first, and turns out that we were just haveing one big baby (well i thought she was going to be big, only 7lbs and 1oz, and 19in long...so she fulled me. gained 54lbs during that pregnancy).

So my questions are the following, and any help and/or advice will be vary much appreciated!

1: Is there any superstitions, positions, food, etc. that will help us conceive a boy?

2: Is there any superstitions, positions, food, etc. to help conceive twins? (i read in like STAR mag. that Angelina Jolie is eating lots of yams to conceive this next set of tins?)

Thank you,

Xoxo

Mrs. ChrisiBee

ttc

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DominicksMom
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM

The only thing I have heard of to ttc a boy is to dtd the day of ovulation. I can actually back that up because I have a boy and it was ON the day of ovulation.

Good luck!

♥ Dominick & Melissa 

preview image

Bobbi530
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I have heard lots of silly wives tales about trying to get a boy. My son weighed 10lb 1 1/2 ounces at birth and was 22ins. long he verry well could have been considered twins! Any way as silly as it sounds I have heard that certin positions can help your chances of having on sex or the other. What you might consider looking up is a gender prediction calander. It tells you that by getting pg in the right month will give you the sex u want. Good luck!

cutiejade
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Quoting DominicksMom:

The only thing I have heard of to ttc a boy is to dtd the day of ovulation. I can actually back that up because I have a boy and it was ON the day of ovulation.

Good luck!

I have also read this..We are TTC and ive been trying to read up on TTC a boy since we have a girl already..They said something about sex positions too. You should try and google it. Thats what ive been doing and reading a lot of useful information. good luck!
lovemygirls0407
by on Jan. 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM

I know a lady who swears by a certain position for having a boy. She told me because we want a boy. Who knows, we will try it.

angtek81
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:23 PM

As far as twins I'm pretty sure there's not much you can do but pray.  That all has to do with how many eggs you drop or if one splits into two eggs.  As for the sex sperm carrying the male chromosome do not live for very long so the theory is if you want a girl have sex a few days before ovulation because those sperm tend to live longer, if you want a boy have sex the day before or on ovulation day.  Don't know that it actually works but that is what I have read, not sure about a certain position of either sex but I hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)