Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UC advice?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

I am thinking about unassisted birth..

Does anyone have any advice on things they wished had done when planning for the birth or any other kind of advice so I can benefit :) thanks!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
luvmygirls126
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM
I just joined and was hoping to find the same sort of info. Hope someone replies!!
danielzrib
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I have had three U/C's, and am planning to have another in two weeks or so. I will tell you some things that have been such a blessing and help to me in my births:

1) A birth pool. I love laboring in the water, it's wonderful! If I can help it, I'll never give birth on dry land again, LOL. I got my portable pool from waterbirth.org.

2) Outside help. Having a baby at home means your other children (if applicable) are going to be around and need tending to. Arrange to have your mom there, or a friend, or a hired babysitter come to be with your children while you and your husband (or whoever you choose for support) deal with the birth.

3) Mental preparation. I was able to give birth unassisted at home with confidence because I felt prepared. I did my homework, owned some good books to use as guides, had a notebook ready to keep records (or rather, for my husband to record things). Hubby had light snacks, juice and water on hand for my comfort, so that he wouldn't have to leave me to fetch them. Necessities like cord clamps and sterile scissors were ready ahead of time, as well as clean towels, a bathrobe, change of clothes (for both of us, lol)... It was all close at hand. If you want a suggested list of items you'll need, you can Google "home birth supplies" and you will come across some good ones.

I hope that helps! :o)

♪♫*¨*.¸¸¸¸.*¨*♫♪Tammy♪♫*¨*.¸¸¸¸.*¨*♫♪

www.thispilgrimage.blogspot.com

CNLueck
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Do not induce labor, not even naturally. Inducing of any kind causes your body to dialate and efface before it is ready which causes the pain to escalate from a manageable 2 to a death defying 10. Also, make sure you are rested, if you can sleep during labor, do it. We had to burst my water bag with my first two pregnancies, because I was so fatigued that I would not progress. If your labor is stuck, bursting the water bag (last resort) will bring the baby out within a couple hours. Castor oil causes unnecessary pain.

Those are my tips. Also:

1) it is very rare that a baby born naturally (not induced) would be breech, but in the case that it does happen, do not push with contractions, let your body do the work.

2) If baby seems stuck, change your position by moving to your side and then on all fours (or to your back if you started on all fours). You can tell if the baby's shoulder is stuck because the head will start to turn purple, if you follow my preceeding directions, baby will be out within a couple minutes.

3) If the cord is around baby's neck, just try to keep baby's head closest to you as he/she is delivered and gently unwrap as you can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)