Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emergencies

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

Hi

I just wanted to know if anyone had any reliable information on how to handle post-partum hemorrage - like herbal remedies, etc besides pitocin at home in case the ems arrives late (this is the case if you live in a 3rd world country)..
I read about using arnica and cayenne tincture

http://blog.amuchbetterway.com/cayenne-tincture-for-post-partum-hemorrhage/

and how to handle breathing problems as well..

Thanks..

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CNLueck
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2010 at 1:05 PM

There is actually another post in here that suggests if you put part of the placenta in your mouth and hold it for a bit, it causes a reaction in your brain that stops post partum hemmorage. You think about it, other mammals eat the placentas immediately after birth.

danielzrib
by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I agree about the placenta. Wish I'd thought of that this last time..

Also, drinking red raspberry leaf tea throughout your pregnancy, and sipping on it during labor helps a LOT with PP hemmorhaging. I know this first-hand, because I drank it with other pregnancies, but this last I one did not have access to it. There was more bleeding after this birth than the others, and while there were other factors involved, I really think the red raspberry leaf would have helped.

srbeusk
by on Mar. 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I have a question:  I have a bleeding disorder, which causes my blood to not clot as quickly as "normal"  Do you think these tips will help w/ that?

CNLueck
by Group Owner on Mar. 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Quoting srbeusk:

I have a question:  I have a bleeding disorder, which causes my blood to not clot as quickly as "normal"  Do you think these tips will help w/ that?

Are you taking a vitamin K supplement? or changing your diet to fix the issue? Look up the detailed information about our discussion online and see what others have experienced. I have not had an issue with pp hemmorage, so I have not had to compete with this issue yet. Let us know what you find out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)