Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here! Hoping to add to our family and have a UC!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 179 Total Views
I have been intrigued by the idea of UC for years now. It began when I stumbled upon some info while trying to get pregnant 2 years ago. I ended up getting pregnant with twins and got stuck because I was seeing an OB, a Perinatologist, AND a HBMW but the MW wouldn't take over my care because in NC being a DEM/CPM is illegal. We moved to CT when I was 32 weeks pregnant. I decided then that I had a clean start and would just carry on with my desire for a UC as long as I made it to 35 weeks. However, my water broke at 33 weeks, 3 days. I ended up with a vaginal, unmedicated birth. My sons came home after 10 days. Anyway. They are 18 months old now, and I just got my first period. We are ready for another addition and to have our UP/UC baby! I actually had a dream the other night: I was pregnant and either in labor, or very far along and all of a sudden I panicked because I had FORGOTTEN that I wanted to UC! LOL! I'm very excited, and a little nervous, about this. I'm thinking I may try to find a MW that will come out after the birth and check us... but I'm not sure yet. We have time!

Brittany- Mommy, Wife, AP'ing, LDS 20-something!

wave

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oldfashionSAHM
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM

i do agree completely about home births in north carolina. i can't have a CPM but i could have a CNM just where i live i have only found 2 of them. one seems to be really stright and pushy from her website and the other i met and dh got the feeling she was more after money then anything we found out from another women that she disappeared on her during her pregnancy when on a trip out of town and didn't even say a word. so there is no way i would go with that woman. 

I'm also wanting a UP and UC but suddenly looks like dh is going to fight me on it. because he already started talking about the hospital. i told him if i start laboring i will kick him out of the house. no hospital rush for me. 

BrittBratt
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Stand your ground. I'd make my husband leave the house in a heartbeat if he dare try to make me go to the hospital for a non-emergency. Thankfully, he is OK with it all...even though he jokes about going to the hospital!  

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

i do agree completely about home births in north carolina. i can't have a CPM but i could have a CNM just where i live i have only found 2 of them. one seems to be really stright and pushy from her website and the other i met and dh got the feeling she was more after money then anything we found out from another women that she disappeared on her during her pregnancy when on a trip out of town and didn't even say a word. so there is no way i would go with that woman. 

I'm also wanting a UP and UC but suddenly looks like dh is going to fight me on it. because he already started talking about the hospital. i told him if i start laboring i will kick him out of the house. no hospital rush for me. 

Brittany- Mommy, Wife, AP'ing, LDS 20-something!

wave

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)