Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yeast & shaving

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:34 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

so i heard that if you have or are trying to avoid a yeast infection in the nether regions you should not shave. but i am really miserable and hairy and feel like a man so i think its time!! besides i can barely see it to shave at this point lol. what do you think, if you have a yi or are just trying to prevent them in general precautions should or should you not shave? also...i went to the ob was diagnosed w/ a yi (which i already knew..) and she put me on terazol (generic) 7 day cream. welllll....my husband and i just got married last week so, of course, we had sex. on day 2, day 4? and twice yesterday (today is night 7 of the cream) well i was feeling GREAT yesterday and the day before 100% better than before even down there but nooo now today i feel a little 'puffy' for lack of a better explanation and just annoyed and dischargy. could the sex have somehow made the infection come BACK if it was already gone or almost gone? that sounds pretty stupid to me considering its rare that a female pass a yi to a male via sex. also we...well. i...had oral sex...is there a risk-like substantially-that he could now get/have oral thrush? i should add that i felt fine until i didnt orgasm during sex the 1st time yesterday...but i did during the 2nd time...so i dont think that would cause any odd feelings. im going to see if the dr. can call in another 7 day dose of the cream bc God knows monistat isnt going to work and diflucan(unfortunately!) is not safe in pregnancy (i tried viniger and all that i cannot try garlic bc i do not have money to go buy it-viniger and yogurt did not work.) but anyway-to the original questions-what about shaving, and do you think he could now have a yi, i doubt it but just incase?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NCmommie421
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:52 PM

update: just called the gyn/ob office they said that should've cleared it up(the cream after 7days) and said he probably had just enough of it to pass it back to me. so another 7 day hiatus i go on tonight! but she said he doesnt need to use any cream unless he ends up getting symptoms she said he probably wont still have it that it just stayed on him for awhile and died?? and that he wont pass it back to me after this 2nd seven days. sigh. onto more cream! :/

oldfashionSAHM
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM

i shaved when i had one and it didn't effect it either way. not shaving drove me crazy and shaving gave me a little relief. i can't shave now because i can't see anything and kids are so crazy that i can't get dh to do if for me.

with mine we had to wait till it was completely gone. dh still got satisfied but it really bothered me even for him to touch down there.i had to use garlic for a couple of weeks because mine got pretty bad.

Come check out my groups

NCmommie421
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM

they called me in another 7 day thing so that'll be 14 days of using it so i should be fine after that but now i am worried about giving him oral incase he got one from me via the sex we already had in the past few days. the dr's office said that he probably only had it long enough to give it back to me and that he wont still have it-idk about all that??-so it should be fine as long as he showers a lot lol i guess??

oldfashionSAHM
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

i know my dh usually gets over one in 24 to 48 hrs. but i've never heard of a guy getting one from oral.. i asked dh and he said he never has and has never heard of it either.

NCmommie421
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM

from them doing oral on you? they cant get them? yay that makes me happy :) lol i guess i should wait a few days before doing it to him again to be sure i dont get it in my mouth if he has it

oldfashionSAHM
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:23 PM

you do know if he keeps going down on you it's not going to help you get over it. because if that's what is causing it in the first place he has to much yeast in his diet

NCmommie421
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM

thats what i was asking-if it was ok for him to do that-like if that could GIVE him oral yeast from my yeast. i mean im pregnant, so i guess thats whats causing it or helping it along , but i do want to take a break from oral for awhile. at least him on me. bc i feel like...gross...when its wet down there from him doing that. i did read that oral sex can cause it...which is kinda strange.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)