Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time UC'er needing info

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

Hello ladies! My name is Zandi and I'm a mom of 3 rambunctious redheaded kiddos and I'm expecting my 4th on Oct 25th! Ive had all my children in hospitals and had horrible birth experiences with all 3! I would rank my births right up there with rape victims. And I'm terrified of going back! I am currently seeing an OB because of past preterm babies and I'm on 17 hydroxy progesterone to prevent it again this time. I was planning on having the baby at home then transferring to the hospital afterward until a co-worker told me her brother was a UC baby and her mom did that and he was in the NICU for a week for evaluation. So now I'm not going unless a serious problem arises.  

I have already read some books and gotten a few things from In His Hands birth supply but I would really like some information from you ladies from personal experiences please. Thankyou so much!

by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lundaylove
by on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Welcome to the group! I just had my first UC baby (4th kiddo) a month ago....feel free to ask questions and ill help with whatever i can =)

Trailerparkmom
by Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Welcome to the group!  Sorry to hear about your bad past birth experiences :-(

I am planning my first UC and first birth around Sep 12th!  Very exciting.

I would agree with your co worker.  After birth if your baby is heathy, nothing good can come out of going to the hospital.  

BrittBratt
by Member on Aug. 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM
I was toying with the idea of transferring after as well but like someone else said... It's not a great idea. They will keep the baby for evaluation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SrkStrickland
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM

SAME HERE! I am expecting my 4th Oct 25th also (but you already know that, lol) and this is my first UC. I also had 3 traumatizing birth experiences! They were AWFUL and I am terrified to go back also. And I agree with your co-worker on not transfering afterwards. There is a definite possibility they'll take him/her to the NICU and you'll end up with another horrible experience. One of the things I enjoy most about preparing is reading UC stories. I love them and they give me such confidence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)