Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need support :(

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 310 Total Views

I don't know how much more bashing I can handle. I'm trying to get his birth certificate and in order to do that he needs to be seen by a doctor, BUT he can't be seen by a doctor until he's on my insurance which I can't do until he has a birth certificate! WTH. Everyone I call to get information from is being rude and hurtful. One woman just told me "I know everything ended up alright but that could have become a disaster". Everyone is trying to get all of my information, I don't know what for so it's making me paranoid. Why do they want my address? There aren't any laws against UC'ing right? But what about not going to a doctor afterwards? UGHH! Did anyone else have a hard time like me? Any suggestions? Reassurance?? Anything? lol. They're making me feel like crap

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LKRA
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

:(

Oh, honey. I'm sorry. I have no advice, just a big ass hug for j00.

lundaylove
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM

What state are you in? Here in NC all i had to do was go to the health department- office for vital stats and said i needed to register for a home birth. They gave me the papers and i gave them my ID and a bill showing i lived where i said i did and that was that. Nothing else, not even proof of pregnancy or prenatal care, no question about peds, nothing. 

Each state is different however most give you a hard time even though they arent supposed to.

aenima49
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I'm sort of in the same boat BUT I'm about 36 wks and just trying to figure out WTF I need to do.  I have 30 days after birth to get the BC & get baby on the ins.  The prob I'm having right now is I can't get the BC without "proof of pregnancy" which has to be a doc exam apparently.  I'm with you on the paranoia, the health dept asking for my address to send the pwk, then not sending it & not calling back...

SrkStrickland
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I'm in AL. They are CRAZY here. I called and called and called yesterday and FINALLY got the answers I needed. For the BC I need proof of pregnancy, proof of residency and proof of live birth. And it's more difficult then I was originally informed during pregnancy. I got the baby into the doctor today and they were HORRIBLE. The Pediatrician was a jerk off saying stupid things like how glad he was the baby was ok and how he didn't recommend doing a home birth in the future. And I told him I had a midwife! lol. He even said he was calling to make sure I registered the baby. I left that place in tears. I might not have the backbone to have had a baby this way :(

SrkStrickland
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:04 PM

OH and they claimed he failed his hearing test which I shouldn't have even agreed to but I didn't realize it was quite like that. He hated it and screamed the whole time, no wonder he failed. There is nothing wrong with my baby's hearing. He jumps at loud noises and turns towards our voices. They're idiots.

wifeandmomof2.5
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Did you not see a doctor while you were pregnant? 

Roxy81
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Im afraid here in the south they goina make it hard for us! They are soo into medical everything and if you dont do it by the book your downed pretty bad! I hate the way Ms does too! I am planning for HB and my midwife dropped me cause she has rules to follow and I didnt want to go through all she had to do and document.. I want to do this naturally without someone fingers and hands on/in me! I also need to know do I need to register for this?

SrkStrickland
by Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I did until half way through when I was tired of how they were treating me. But that doesn't really have anything to do with it. My problems lie with not having gone to the hospital. People are still telling me to go to the ER and it's been 10 days!

Quoting wifeandmomof2.5:

Did you not see a doctor while you were pregnant? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)