Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Made Cranberry Chicken last night.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:50 AM
  • 37 Replies
  • 978 Total Views

I saw this recipe for Cranberry Chicken and had been telling my hubby and daughter I was going to make it. They said it sounded gross. Well, I made it anyway last night and guess what? It was fantastic! Sooooooo delicious!! They both loved it. I served it with yellow rice and green beans. Well, I guess Mom does know best, lol.

Cranberry Chicken

1 can Cranberry Sauce (I used jellied)

1 cup Catalina Dressing

1 package dry onion soup mix

4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts

Rosemary

Mix first three ingredients together in a bowl. I read somewhere (on this site I think) to microwave the sauce for 30-45 seconds to make it easier to stir. It worked beautifully.

Place chicken in bottom of crock. Sprinkle with Rosemary.

Spoon sauce mixture over chicken so it completely covers it. I used the whole bowl of sauce because I knew it would taste great over the rice.

Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natalies_mama
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:00 AM

YUM, that sounds great!!!  did you get the recipe on here?  if so, where can i find it? :)  thanks for sharing!

sistyugler
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:14 AM

I wonder iof this would work with Turkey??????

confused

Mommy8271120
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:18 AM

BUMP because I think I'm going to make it tonight!

Brokemom333
by Kitchen Rookie on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:21 AM

That sounds so easy, did you use fresh rosemary?   

KarenandDanny
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 7:46 AM

I have seen this recipe before and always wondered if it would taste good. Glad to have seen a review...gonna have to make it now! This is shopping day, so gonna grab my list and add these ingredients to it. Thanks so much!

Karen and Danny
ctfirsttimemom
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 7:48 AM

sounds yummy

puppieluv
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Yes, indeed.  Should compliment any meat that goes well with fruit like, chicken, turkey, pork and duck.  Have fun experimenting, you will enjoy the rewards I'm sure.

Some of the tastiest recipes we have enjoyed have been made with fruit sauces.  Apricot, raspberry and cherry have been favorites and always compliment the above meats.  I always have a few cans of fruit pie fillings on hand because they are so simple and delish.  They also make great toppings for desserts and some veggies go great mixed with fruit also, so stock up when you find them on sale.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Quoting sistyugler:

I wonder iof this would work with Turkey??????

confused

~~~PUPPIELUV

synzmom
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:26 AM

I usually do it on a turkey loin or pork!

It is one of my favorite receipes EVER!

sneffy014
by Kitchen Rookie on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I had fresh Rosemary that I froze so I took a few stems out of the freezer and sprinkled the leaves over the top of the chicken.

sneffy014
by Kitchen Rookie on Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Quoting natalies_mama:

YUM, that sounds great!!!  did you get the recipe on here?  if so, where can i find it? :)  thanks for sharing!

I think I originally saw the recipe on here but then I couldn't find it again. So, I looked it up on the internet and made my own variation based on what I had in my fridge. I will definitely make this again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)