Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the ONE thing that...

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 5:29 AM
  • 19 Replies

You ABSOLUTELY can not live w/o.  With the economy the way it is I am of course picking up cheaper brands of things.  I have never really been a name brand shopper anyway.  But I was wondering if there was anything that you just won't replace with a no~name brand.

For me it's ZIP LOCK freezer bags!!  Anytime that I get the store brand (different stores) I have a heck of a time getting the buggers closed.  I just love my zip lock bags!  

barbsig-vi.gif Crockpot Moms siggy picture by dntbgmeb4cofe

Crock & Roll Baby!

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 5:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loisaida76
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My family is not big on name brands either, but there are 3 items I must have that are name brand.

lol yes Ziploc is great, however I only make it a must when it comes to freezing foods, if not then I can use another brand since I only use sealable bags for marinating or storage.

I can not go with out my Gain products. I esp love the Gain dishwashing liquid. I use to be a hardcore Palmolive fan since thats what my family has used since I was a child but I have noticed it doesnt clean as well anymore and Gain dish detergent is reasonable in price and works wonders. 

I also refuse to get non name brand toilet paper, omg I have tried with couponing and store sales and the cheaper brands can clog up the toilet and shred easily causing messes and fustration. So we use Cottonelle in my home.

I also must have Hefty garbage bags or Glad brand. I hate using the cheaper brands of trash bags because they leak, tear, and cause more messes for me

Actingbaby
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM

For my family we have several must haves. Bounty paper towels, I have gotten cheaper one but end up using twice as many to get the mess cleaned up ( I have very you kids so they spill a lot of drinks). Ziplock is another one! We buy them at Sam's so I only have to buy them a few times a year. And the last thing is Kraft Mac and Cheese---if we do store bought mac and cheese.

MLM247
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Must have good quality curry paste. Red and green inthe fridge all the time. Must have a good mortar and pestle. Must have several stones for keeping the knives sharp.

TRswifey
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

A1 steak sauce, baby rays bbq sauce, and velveeta.  Other than that I'll go with what is the better deal, what I have coupons for, and I'm not a brand name person either.

MyGiftsFromGod
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Tide detergent, and for food, Hellman's mayo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NVL0707
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Maxwell house coffee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissabear3
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I have several must haves:

ziplock freezer bags, all free and clear(we have tried other brands that are free and clear and the result was not good), hefty trash bags, puffs tissues, Dr. pepper, Moutain dew.

chrissysnow22
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Only toilet paper do I care about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BusCaptainMama
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 11:46 AM
Diet Pepsi is a must! Brand name dishwashing liquid - not too specific, but NOT generic. Finish dishwasher tabs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassymomntx1961
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I buy whatever I can afford

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN